Seeking Jeweler for project and information.

Old December 27th 04, 04:47 AM
Nomen Nescio

Default Seeking Jeweler for project and information.

I am looking for a jeweler who can assist with the completion
of a small project of personal significance.

I have an old ring that has extreme sentimental value to me
and it is missing the stone. I know what was once there, but
I wish to have it replaced with something different.

There is an opening for a rectangular stone, measuring 13 x 11
mm. The sides of the opening are slightly rounded. I can provide
detailed photographs of this ring, as well as a polycarbonate
mold of the opening (not great quality) to a jeweler who can
insert a stone into the opening, and resize the ring to make it
slightly larger. Size and other information will be provided to
the jeweler who can best meet my needs.

The stone I am looking to have placed in the ring would be an
Aquamarine. I do not require a perfect stone by any means, and
the stone itself can be treated, or irradiated, or whatever
is done to Aquamarines to make their color consistent. In other
words, the stone need not be of extreme high jewelry quality,
but should at least be of sufficient quality to avoid any
breakage or damage under normal wear conditions.

I would appreciate hearing from those who may be able to help
me. I can be reached at: looper65 AT email DOT com

Thank you.

---
Those who complain about others not being "team players"
are usually the ones who don't give up the ball.
-----
..