OT Silicone Baking Pans

Old December 31st 05, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Silicone Baking Pans

I just bought a silicone loaf pan and it didn't have any directions on it.
When you bake with it do you still have to grease and flour if the recipe
calls for it?

She in PA

Old December 31st 05, 07:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I used a little Pam, but I'm not entirely sure. Why not experiment?

"She in PA" wrote in message
. ..
:I just bought a silicone loaf pan and it didn't have any directions on it.
: When you bake with it do you still have to grease and flour if the recipe
: calls for it?
:
: She in PA
:
:

Old December 31st 05, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I don't think so, but you could try here -
http://ww2.kingarthurflour.com/baking/ If you don't find the info on their
website, email them. They are very friendly and willing to answer questions.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

. ..

Old December 31st 05, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I mostly spray mine with a little whatever-it's-called veggie oil,
especially the ones with lots of indentations (Bundt form). Don't bother
sprinkling with flour. Depends a bit on the recipe -a very buttery dough
might not need the spray. But you do not want to run a knife around the edge
and destroy the surface!
Roberta in D

. ..

Old December 31st 05, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I bought a Bundt cake silicon pan for my DDIL. It looks like it will be fun
to use. She loves to bake. Linda in Tx

Old December 31st 05, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!
How to use:
https://www.therebatecompany.com/Sil...onsForUse.html

http://www.recipelink.com/mf/2/16708

http://www.this-is-great.com/info/xbffffxdxcjnxr

Whatcha' makin'? Can we have some?
While we're quilting, you can bake and we'll cheer ya' on, okay?
Fair deal? ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy--must be lunchtime...

. ..

Old December 31st 05, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

JMNSHO..............

Personally those pans and oven mitts and utensils scare me. I mean, look
what that substance did to women in the chest area and now we want to cook
with it and eat out of it?? I don't know, maybe I am just a bit over worried
about things. I just personally worry about ingesting some of that silicone
into one's system.

~KK in BC~

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I haven't outgrown the need to play with blocks.

. ..

Old December 31st 05, 11:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I usually make the kids tee shirts for Christmas.
While this year's masterpiece was the sonno-joi tee shirt I made for
DD3, the one I made for DD2 was ranked high on the coolness scale.
DD2 has a rather narrow chest and is well endowed, her actual bra size
is like a 36 D. She gets a LOT of silicone comments from people. For
her I did a silicone molecule inside a ban ring (the red circle with
the bar across it)

Silicon cookware is not a lot to worry about. Ingested in that form
it will pass right through you. As a solid it is used in surgical
implants of various sorts.
The problem with the breast implants was that they were not solid or
firmly attached. They were just bags of gel stuck in. The bags would
shift or rupture and you can just imagine the kinds of problems that
would cause. Some people would never have a problem, some would have
all kinds of trouble.
Some of the gels would develop granules as they aged. So long as it
was confined in the bag, no or little problem. If it was floating
free around somebody's insides, then it was a definite problem.

NightMist
trying to be concise, hoping not to be confusing

"She in PA" wrote in message
I just bought a silicone loaf pan and it didn't have any directions on it.
When you bake with it do you still have to grease and flour if the recipe
calls for it?

She in PA

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old January 1st 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

i just got one for xmas to make some mini muffins, they turned out great.
said to grease the pan for the muffins, no flour tho.
take care the silicon pan is still hot when taken from the oven.
also said to let the muffins cool in the pan a bit before you attempt to
remove them.
mine came out pretty quick but they are small so a loaf might take longer.
sure did clean up easy tho. oh and dont use any abrasives to clean it, ie
powder or a green scrubby thing-amajig-whatsit.
ok, time to make some more later today i think.
cheers,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"She in PA" wrote...

Old January 1st 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Is there really any evidence that silicone had any health effects? I
always though it was a myth. And didn't they just aprove them again?

http://books.nap.edu/html/silicone_safety/

~KK in BC~ wrote:

JMNSHO..............

Personally those pans and oven mitts and utensils scare me. I mean, look
what that substance did to women in the chest area and now we want to cook
with it and eat out of it?? I don't know, maybe I am just a bit over worried
about things. I just personally worry about ingesting some of that silicone
into one's system.

~KK in BC~

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

totally totally OT flexible silicone bakeware KJ Quilting 3 May 10th 04 06:15 PM
baking filled speculaas Els van Dam Yarn 1 December 11th 03 08:58 PM
Baking Question Rachel Polymer Clay 4 December 2nd 03 06:00 PM
Baking Soda Beads starlia Beads 11 September 9th 03 09:35 PM