A small whine

Old February 24th 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default A small whine

On 2/22/2011 11:37 AM, Joan E. wrote:
On Feb 20, 8:37 am, "Ellice wrote:

Lately we've been watching the hilarious "Harry's Law" - starring Kathy
Bates.

I love this show! It's one of the few new ones that is really good.
I hope it stays for awhile. (snipped)
Joan

I'm also enjoying "Harry's Law."

I heard a recommendation last night at a stitching group for "Lark Rise
to Candleford." Anybody watch that? It's on in the daytime, so I can't
watch it then, but the library has some on DVD. Worth checking out?

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old February 24th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/23/11 8:34 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 2/23/2011 10:26 AM, Ellice K. wrote:

Thinking the bathroom rugs are going in next...might actually get me to mop
the floors....

Ellice

Two weekends ago I set aside a Saturday for much-needed cleaning. When I
spoke to DM on the phone to say I was busy and wouldn't be over to
visit, she asked what I was doing. "Cleaning bathrooms, then I have to
vacuum."

"Are you having company?" she asked.

"No," I said. "Why?"

"I didn't know you vacuumed if you weren't expecting someone."

AAARRRGGHH!

sue

Ouch. Basically the last year my housekeeping has gone way down-hill.
Having grown up with a fanatic mother (who actually went nuts on me once
because a pair of shoes was in my room, rather than put away in my closet) I
think I'm rebelling. For years I was fastidious - even in grad school and
with the first house - my XDH would wonder why the heck I was cleaning
bathrooms in the middle of the night. Now it's all gone down the tubes,
which I blame on the DH - too many years of bachelorhood. Not to say his
house wasn't clean - it was pretty good. But we have too much clutter. And
now with a shedding dog, and stairs, stairs, stairs, open loft, etc there is
always, always, always something to dust/vacuum. I suspect my DDM is
rolling in her grave. However, I'm working up to getting the house back to
some level of clean most of the time so it won't drive me nuts. And if the
real job happens, then we'll get a cleaning service to come in every couple
of weeks - honestly, this house is too big for 2 people and a dog. Who
knows.

I can remember my DA actually cleaning the kitchen sink edges with a
toothpick 'cause my DGM was coming over. Insane.

Ellice

Old February 24th 11, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/23/11 8:39 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

On Feb 20, 8:37 am, "Ellice wrote:

Lately we've been watching the hilarious "Harry's Law" - starring Kathy
Bates.

I love this show! It's one of the few new ones that is really good.
I hope it stays for awhile. (snipped)
Joan

I'm also enjoying "Harry's Law."

I heard a recommendation last night at a stitching group for "Lark Rise
to Candleford." Anybody watch that? It's on in the daytime, so I can't
watch it then, but the library has some on DVD. Worth checking out?

sue

Ah, Sue - good get. I've been watching it - this show is what the MPT
replacement for Ballykissangel. I think there were about 3 weeks worth, and
yesterday they showed the 1st episode again. It's on 3:30-4:30. Sort of an
idealized take on life in a rural town, Candleford, connected to Larkrise. a
tiny hamlet of estate/farm workers. Central character being the post
office, run/owned by a woman - the POV is from the journal of the young
girl/woman who is essentially apprenticing to the Postmistress (her cousin -
that is from the hamlet). Brings up the social issues of the day, and is
kind of a 19th century soap opera. You'll like it - it's not dissimilar to
the Kate Morton books. You should check it out - helps to start with the
beginning or I think the understanding/sympathies for different characters
might be hard to get. Each episode focuses on a different event in one of
the main characters lives - could be the shop owners, the post-mistress, the
main postal employee, a family in Larkrise, etc.

I like it....glad to know the library has copies. We're still recuperating
from the last episodes of Doc Martin!

Ellice

Old February 24th 11, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Feb 23, 9:19*am, "Ellice K." wrote:

Hmm - watched "The Cape" for the first time the other night - not sure.
Will have to go back and see the first couple of episodes. *

If you liked Heroes (before it got so convoluted, anyway), you'll
probably like The Cape. I like watching the superhero shows.

Do you do Netflix so you have something else?

Yes, we do have Netflix. Our boys got us a blue-ray player for
Christmas so we can now watch some of the stuff "instantly". When DH
isn't home I'm working my way through episodes of Legend of the
Seeker, which is based on Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series of
books, which I have read. It's an ok show.

Our nominees for worst ever are Raising Hope & Parks & Rec

Haven't head of Raising Hope. I agree with you on Park & Rec and
would most definitely add The Office. Of the bits and pieces I've
seen of it, I have not found one occasion to even snicker. Stupid,
stupid, stupid.

Joan
Old February 24th 11, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/24/11 11:08 AM, in article
, "Joan E."
wrote:

On Feb 23, 9:19*am, "Ellice K." wrote:

Hmm - watched "The Cape" for the first time the other night - not sure.
Will have to go back and see the first couple of episodes. *

If you liked Heroes (before it got so convoluted, anyway), you'll
probably like The Cape. I like watching the superhero shows.

Do you do Netflix so you have something else?

Yes, we do have Netflix. Our boys got us a blue-ray player for
Christmas so we can now watch some of the stuff "instantly". When DH
isn't home I'm working my way through episodes of Legend of the
Seeker, which is based on Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series of
books, which I have read. It's an ok show.

Seen some of those - agree - it's okay. During my morning slugging around
being sick time, I've now started watching "Supernatural" on TNT. Kind of
out there, but the satirical humor is there.

Our nominees for worst ever are Raising Hope & Parks & Rec

Haven't head of Raising Hope. I agree with you on Park & Rec and
would most definitely add The Office. Of the bits and pieces I've
seen of it, I have not found one occasion to even snicker. Stupid,
stupid, stupid.

Joan

The Office original British version was a bit drier. We kind of like "the
Office" but some of the goings on are just so stupid - I think the Michael
character in the American version has just gone too far - but the others
are that sort of exaggerated take on group dynamics. Having had some
extremely quirky (although intellectually capable in their specific field)
bosses, I can kind of see it. Ah, who knows.

Hope you find some better stuff to watch.

Ellice

Old February 24th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kalmia

Ewwwwww.......do you ever EAT there?
Old February 25th 11, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/23/11 8:34 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 2/23/2011 10:26 AM, Ellice K. wrote:

Thinking the bathroom rugs are going in next...might actually get me to mop
the floors....

Ellice

Two weekends ago I set aside a Saturday for much-needed cleaning. When I
spoke to DM on the phone to say I was busy and wouldn't be over to
visit, she asked what I was doing. "Cleaning bathrooms, then I have to
vacuum."

"Are you having company?" she asked.

"No," I said. "Why?"

"I didn't know you vacuumed if you weren't expecting someone."

AAARRRGGHH!

sue

LOL

Old February 25th 11, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/23/11 8:39 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

On Feb 20, 8:37 am, "Ellice wrote:

Lately we've been watching the hilarious "Harry's Law" - starring Kathy
Bates.

I love this show! It's one of the few new ones that is really good.
I hope it stays for awhile. (snipped)
Joan

I'm also enjoying "Harry's Law."

I heard a recommendation last night at a stitching group for "Lark Rise
to Candleford." Anybody watch that? It's on in the daytime, so I can't
watch it then, but the library has some on DVD. Worth checking out?

sue

Haven't seen it - love the title.

We have a Thursday night ritual - watching "Royal Pains" on USA. MASH in the
Hamptons, wildly rich people and a compelling cast. Plots are so-so, but the
acting is pretty good.

Cheryl

Old February 25th 11, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/25/11 8:41 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 2/23/11 8:39 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

On Feb 20, 8:37 am, "Ellice wrote:

Lately we've been watching the hilarious "Harry's Law" - starring Kathy
Bates.

I love this show! It's one of the few new ones that is really good.
I hope it stays for awhile. (snipped)
Joan

I'm also enjoying "Harry's Law."

I heard a recommendation last night at a stitching group for "Lark Rise
to Candleford." Anybody watch that? It's on in the daytime, so I can't
watch it then, but the library has some on DVD. Worth checking out?

sue

Haven't seen it - love the title.

We have a Thursday night ritual - watching "Royal Pains" on USA. MASH in the
Hamptons, wildly rich people and a compelling cast. Plots are so-so, but the
acting is pretty good.

Cheryl

Agree - it kind of reminds me of the neighbors to my aunt & parents when
they moved to Coconut Grove (in Miami) & Brickell Ave. Or, more aptly, the
latter day version of my grandparents "beach club" crews in Miami Beach &
Long Island of the 60s (and well before I was born in the 50s - but I've
seen the pictures). My DA (now retired surgeon) was always quite elegantly
dressed, and constantly doing her version of Dr. Hank (as in all kinds of
care for people around, as opposed to just sticking to her surgical
practice)

I had a really close friend from undergrad school who has a home in Shelter
Island - she's so lovely, unassuming - it's a riot how the neighborhood has
become. Her dad was the chief counsel for AT&T back in the day (took them
thru the split of all the Bell companies) and would have a limo pick him up
and drive him to the city from their LI home (not the beach house). Their
next-door neighbor - Susan Lucci of soap opera fame. My pal - so sweet,
another engineering student - from a very down to earth, lots of kids (8),
and no pretense. Anyhow, married her high school sweetheart, but they are
like the rare sane people out at their beach house neighborhoods.

Ellice

a little whine Roberta Zollner Quilting 11 June 8th 08 11:46 PM
OT -- I just need to whine the black rose Quilting 16 November 2nd 05 04:54 AM
Whine Black Cat Beads Beads 1 April 14th 04 06:50 AM
OT whine Kalera Stratton Beads 50 November 23rd 03 03:36 AM
*whine* SlinkyToy Yarn 2 October 10th 03 08:07 PM