"lemon sherbet" stitching?

Old July 9th 04, 06:31 PM
widgebe

I also have a minor stash of Mill Hill beaded ornaments, they are a
good size to take to work when I have to do the weekend rotation. I
also do a lot of other "crafty" kind of things, silk ball ornaments
that are dressed up with sequins and fancy beads, some that are made
of seashells.

I've been working lately with my daughter, who's 4, on doing a banner
thing that's made from pony beads. A good size for her to handle. I've
also been trying to watch out for other craft things we can do
together. We do a lot of painting and rubber stamping.

Widgebe

--
Remove sillybuggers to reply!

WIP Amid Amish Life (middle panel), Lily Sampler, Berry Bear

Sue asked:

What do you all do to "clear the palate" between big projects? Or do

you
feel the need to?

Old July 9th 04, 11:51 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

KDLark wrote:

I also learned how to knit
socks, which does not bode well for the people in my family, who will now be
over-supplied with hand-knit socks!

Not possible!

Sue (who doesn't knit and misses getting argyle socks at Christmas from
Great-aunt Vera....)

(and who is afraid to take up knitting on her own. Too many projects,
too little time!)

Old July 11th 04, 10:23 PM
RGarrett89

My big break is doing the Dutch Treat table toppers because the patterns stitch
up quickly and no magnifier is needed (or stretcher bars/hoop either) so they
are great for travel. Robin
Old July 12th 04, 03:34 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/8/04 6:09 PM, in article , "Susan
Hartman/Dirty Linen" wrote:

What do you all do to "clear the palate" between big projects? Or do you
feel the need to?

sometimes I take a deliberate break after a big stitching to do some
simple ornaments. At the moment I also have a travel project of "Miss
Mary Mack" going - just black silouette stitching so it's straight
counting, no deeper "thinking" required. Going to a musical festival
this weekend, so I hope to get a lot done!

Sue

I am treating the project I took to Lake Placid as a really fun little
stitch. Big holes, 10 count and a joyful stitch!
Cheryl