Want to make some pottery, but I don't have a kiln and don't know anyone with one!

Old June 11th 04, 04:41 PM
sef

Default Want to make some pottery, but I don't have a kiln and don't know anyone with one!

I want to make a clay sculpture. It is a box with a special shape that
I made up, and is not buyable. Nothing special in that, because there
are an infinite amount of possibilities anyone can make a new shape.

But I don't have a kiln and don't know anyone with one!

I live in London, England. How would I go about this, with spending
the least amount of money? Where would I go to get some baking done?
Anyone have some advice??
Old June 12th 04, 06:50 AM
annemarie

"sef" wrote in message
om...
I want to make a clay sculpture. It is a box with a special shape that
I made up, and is not buyable. Nothing special in that, because there
are an infinite amount of possibilities anyone can make a new shape.

But I don't have a kiln and don't know anyone with one!

I live in London, England. How would I go about this, with spending
the least amount of money? Where would I go to get some baking done?
Anyone have some advice??

Yeah like No Spam said. Not "baking" thats for cakes. "Firing" is ok.
There must be places that run classes around. Night classes, or schools or
universities. Just see if you can have someone make you one or go have
classes. Its not like baking a cake, there is just a wee (lot) more to it.

Fusing/slumping/casting with kiln sitter Gordon Watt Glass 13 December 11th 03 04:46 PM
F/A @ EBAY Electric Kiln BATMAN.ROBIN Marketplace 0 September 17th 03 10:51 PM
Kiln question Kalera Stratton Beads 13 July 11th 03 06:35 AM
Historic pottery receipts Matthew Spong Pottery 0 July 4th 03 01:32 PM