Sewing thick upholstery leather ?

Old November 12th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Juno

Default Sewing thick upholstery leather ?

Ron Anderson wrote:
"Juno" wrote in message
Ron Anderson wrote:

I once worked in a Jacket planet.

Was that in our solar system?
Sorry Ron, I just couldn't let that one go by me.
Juno

The Jacket Plant was, but I am not sure I am at times

That's okay, there's lots of time I'm not sure if I'm on this planet.
Juno
Old November 13th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

Pogonip wrote:

Juno wrote:
Ron Anderson wrote:

I once worked in a Jacket planet.

Was that in our solar system?
Sorry Ron, I just couldn't let that one go by me.
Juno

We always knew Ron was out of this world, didn't we?

Yep, he's an absolutely Stellar guy!!

Sharon
--
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the
pig.
Old November 13th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Gnome

I once worked in a Jacket planet. Depending on the style up to 5 different
machine used on any one jacket.
Perhaps we need to take this private. My contact info is below

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd., Sand Lake, NY 12153

Well...5 machines may have something to do with streamlining the
production...
in any case the 29-4 with its rather unique universal feed could
replace at least
two of those machines.
Have looked at setting out the sewing job to pros, awaiting reply.

In the meantime I had a closer look at this old brute and have
indentified what I think is
the main problem (for the time being). It sews dead straight up and
down the arm, but
sewing 'normally' across the arm causes the seam to crawl to the left
at about 5-10deg angle...always!
E.g when sewing a 2nd parallel seam to the right and aligning the foot
parallel
to the 1st seam the 2nd seam will creap towards the 1st.
Initially I figured it was the thread that was pulling the needle to
the left as it went
trough the work, but after adjusting the machine so there is zero
tension when the
needle pierces..and it still crawls left...I think that can be ruled
out.
Have also tried different needles, same result.

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it ?

Old November 14th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

"Gnome" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Yes you are putting to much material under the foot. Something has to give
and the material is the weakest link. That machine is a shoe patch machine
not intended for the work you are doing.

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd., Sand Lake, NY 12153
518-469-5133
http://www.singera1sewing.com
http://www.a1sewingmachine.com

What to do with 2" thick plexiglass? Wally Glass 25 October 31st 06 06:46 PM
Need a good starter machine for auto upholstery vinyl and leather. Daniel D. O'Halloran Sewing 2 June 20th 05 09:36 PM
WTB: Looking for Used Heavy Duty Leather Sewing Machine hbeil(nospam) Sewing 5 May 11th 05 09:06 PM
Sewing leather by hand? Larisa Sewing 12 July 3rd 04 04:55 AM
How thick is too thick? Lindsay MacArthur Pottery 1 October 3rd 03 04:30 PM