The Hat picture

Old August 19th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default Spouse wearing the hat.

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Sorry if I've gone on, I'm waiting for bread to prove, I'd better go and
see to it.

Well, thank you for the description of how you went about it. No, I don't
have the book, but that's okay... I have more than enough patterns and books
as it is now, so I doubt that I'll buy more. LOL Yeah, right... I will
*try* not to buy more... let's put it that way. ;o)

It's funny that you should mention your homemade bread... I was in a grocery
store yesterday and walked by the bakery department and could smell freshly
baked bread. mmmMMMmmm I resisted buying it though... I was good. ;o)

*hugs*
Gem

Old August 20th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"coggietm" wrote in message
oups.com...
That is a wonderful hat , and I just have to say that with the hat on
your husband would make a wonderful portrayal of Dumbledore from Harry
Potter.

LOL! He's usually taken for Father Christmas! Is Dumbledore like him then? I
don't know, haven't read the books and we have no television.

Mary

Old August 20th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Sorry if I've gone on, I'm waiting for bread to prove, I'd better go and
see to it.

Well, thank you for the description of how you went about it. No, I don't
have the book, but that's okay... I have more than enough patterns and
books as it is now, so I doubt that I'll buy more. LOL Yeah, right... I
will *try* not to buy more... let's put it that way. ;o)

It's funny that you should mention your homemade bread... I was in a
grocery store yesterday and walked by the bakery department and could
smell freshly baked bread. mmmMMMmmm I resisted buying it though... I
was good. ;o)

They pump it round the store deliberately, here, especially near the
entrance.

I don't like the smell of bread baking for some reason but everyone else
seems to. To me it's acrid and pungent - must be the alcohol. Yet I like
alcohol in some forms ... :-)

Mary

Old August 20th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I always heard the question if the spouse wears the pants ,,,, Men
wearing hats are rather common in the middle east ,,,:::
mirjam

roups.com...

Old August 20th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

You are joking aren`t You ?
Why would they PUMP it ????
mirjam

Old August 20th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
You are joking aren`t You ?
Why would they PUMP it ????

I'm sure Mary means they pump the delicious smells around, Mirjam. I know
that stores (grocery and otherwise) do put certain things near the main
entrance to attract the customers as they come in... likely only to buy one
or two items. I know the grocery store here in town has the deli section
very close to the entrance (just to the side of the large produce
department) where they are roasting chickens. The smell is SOOO nice that
if you are hungry when you go in for just a loaf of bread (at the back of
the store past the produce) or milk (in the opposite corner of the store)
the delicious smell of roast chicken tempts you a lot to want to buy one for
supper. I've gotten used to their tactics now, so I bring *just* enough
money to buy what I went for, so that I'm not tempted to over-spend.

Oh and by the way... they also put juicy delicious looking strawberries
*just* inside the front door where you have to pass them on your way to buy
anything else... now THOSE definitely tempt me almost everytime. ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

Old August 20th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I always heard the question if the spouse wears the pants ,,,, Men
wearing hats are rather common in the middle east ,,,:::
mirjam

My husband wears a hat always outside - either to keep him warm when it's
cold or to keep his (bald) head from burning if it's hot. Or just to keep
him clean if he's working. He doesn't, however, wear a nightcap (except when
we've been camping in temperatures well below freezing).

He has dozens of hats and isn't comfortable if he's separated from them fby
more than a yard, they're all over the house!

I don't understand about the spouse wearing the pants.

Mary

Old August 20th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
You are joking aren`t You ?
Why would they PUMP it ????

I'm sure Mary means they pump the delicious smells around, Mirjam. I know
that stores (grocery and otherwise) do put certain things near the main
entrance to attract the customers as they come in...

That's right.

likely only to buy one or two items. I know the grocery store here in
town has the deli section very close to the entrance (just to the side of
the large produce department) where they are roasting chickens. The smell
is SOOO nice that if you are hungry when you go in for just a loaf of
bread (at the back of the store past the produce) or milk (in the opposite
corner of the store) the delicious smell of roast chicken tempts you a lot
to want to buy one for supper. I've gotten used to their tactics now, so
I bring *just* enough money to buy what I went for, so that I'm not
tempted to over-spend.

Oh and by the way... they also put juicy delicious looking strawberries
*just* inside the front door where you have to pass them on your way to
buy anything else... now THOSE definitely tempt me almost everytime. ;o)

Spit chickens and strawberries don't tempt me - but that's another story :-)
But you're right. Just like they put child-attractive things at
child-in-the-trolley height. Then they say there's no such thing as pester
power.

Hmm.

Mary

*hugs*
Gemini

Old August 20th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

On Aug 20, 7:32 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"coggietm" wrote in message

oups.com...

That is a wonderful hat , and I just have to say that with the hat on
your husband would make a wonderful portrayal of Dumbledore from Harry
Potter.

LOL! He's usually taken for Father Christmas! Is Dumbledore like him then? I
don't know, haven't read the books and we have no television.

Mary

Here is a link to a picture of Dumbledore, portrayed by Michael
Gambon,
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/03738...n,%2 0Michael
and one when Richard Harris protrayed him,
http://content.answers.com/main/cont...oreharris1.jpg

Old August 20th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

ps.com...
"coggietm" wrote in message

oups.com...

That is a wonderful hat , and I just have to say that with the hat on
your husband would make a wonderful portrayal of Dumbledore from Harry
Potter.

LOL! He's usually taken for Father Christmas! Is Dumbledore like him
then? I
don't know, haven't read the books and we have no television.

Mary

Here is a link to a picture of Dumbledore, portrayed by Michael
Gambon,
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/03738...n,%2 0Michael
and one when Richard Harris protrayed him,
http://content.answers.com/main/cont...oreharris1.jpg

Well, neither is like Spouse :-)

My man isn't an old one, he's even younger than me - my Toy Boy :-)

Mary

A new picture Shillelagh Yarn 14 April 9th 07 04:31 PM
New Picture Shillelagh Yarn 10 August 17th 06 07:47 PM
My BOM picture joysjane Quilting 27 February 12th 05 10:23 PM
New picture Norma Yarn 3 October 22nd 03 07:17 AM
New Picture Unclbennie Quilting 2 July 30th 03 01:36 AM