Quiet here today

Old May 19th 07, 08:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Quiet here today

Katherine ???? what is Biblical Greek ,,, it sounds a bit
anachronistic to me ???
mirjam

On May 5, 7:51 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Is everybody busy outside?

It's raining here (but badly needed), so I can't really complain. I've
started some tomato plants which I will set outside in approximately 3
weeks, and have planted two rows of peas.

I have golf on TV (love it), and will likely spend the evening knitting on
socks and a shawl.

What's happening with the rest of the RCTY world???

Well, I am studying Biblical Greek. I spend 2.5 hours a day in class,
and
another 3 - 6 hours doing homework and studying. I am not knitting
very
much at all. :-(

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 19th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

AS you might have heard Missiles are falling on Shderot all week ,
peopl;e are leaving for some days to rest ... Hamas wants to hide the
fact they are sleying their own brothers ,,, it is terrible for all
Civilians,,,,
and still NO sign of our boys .
mirjam

Old May 19th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 19, 3:43 am, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Katherine ???? what is Biblical Greek ,,, it sounds a bit
anachronistic to me ???
mirjam

Mirjam,
From what I understand, Biblical Greek is quite different from modern

Greek. The Christian Bible was written in Greek, and they believe
that we need to be able to read it in the original in order to
understand
it properly.
Also, if I wanted to study further, I would have to learn Hebrew to
read
the Hebrew Bible. I don't think that I will do that, although a friend
of
mine is doing it this year.

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 19th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 19, 2:21 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
AS you might have heard Missiles are falling on Shderot all week ,
peopl;e are leaving for some days to rest ... Hamas wants to hide the
fact they are sleying their own brothers ,,, it is terrible for all
Civilians,,,,
and still NO sign of our boys .
mirjam

I am praying for them, Mirjam, and also for the leaders, so that they
will decide to end this stupid "war". (I put it in quotation marks,
because many people are not calling it a war now.)

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 20th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Katherine , in Gaza there is a civil war , not only between 2
ideaological groups , but also between Hamoulas [ Enlarged families] ,
And Of course Hammas is representing , and paid by Iranian
fundamentalist government , Both Egypt and us are not glad with the
developments there , but i don`t thnik anyone knows what to do there ,
The leaders of these people have a HISTORY of always preffering
fighting over civilian needs ,,, Every reasonable person in our
areawho hoped that once they have self rule in Gaza , they will build
a beautiful place for themself with all the Monies, they got from
everywhere , is now pulling out hairs ,,,, What they demonstrated is
how a a Fundamentalist party Cannot or doesnot care about civilian
wellfare ...While they keep blaming others, and telling their people
that others are to blame and they keep shooting at our villages to the
point that NO OTHER CIVILIZED COUNTRY would have accepted,,,, Would
your country accept that vilages and towns would be DAILY missiled
over the border ?? for 7 years ..
mirjam

Old May 20th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

This is very interesting , Katherine
Yes i heard as well that new Greek is different ,, Hebrew is not so
different than Hebrew from Biblical times is richer in vocubulary ,
but you are also speaking and using verbs and words King David used
mirjam

Old May 20th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Mirjam, the whole thing is a mess, isn't it? I am thinking that
prayers
are the only thing which can help.

Higs,
Katherine

On May 19, 11:18 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
[...]

Katherine- Hide quoted text -

Old May 20th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 19, 11:21 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
This is very interesting , Katherine
Yes i heard as well that new Greek is different ,, Hebrew is not so
different than Hebrew from Biblical times is richer in vocubulary ,
but you are also speaking and using verbs and words King David used
mirjam

I find it fascinating, Mirjam.

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 21st 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

A child that learns the Aleph Beth can read texts in the Tanach =Bible
that are over 2000 years old and understand them since they have words
he uses NOW everyday ,,,, that is facinating indeed ,
U have asked around Everybody here reacted with "Biblical Greek ???? "
what`s that ???? and i mean people who are teaching history etc,,,
Hebrew has absorbed some Greek from the Greek merchants who came here
, from the Greek who ruled here , And did you know that the
Phlishtiem were also Greek tribes ? who came here first to robe the
shores , than invaded the shores , hence the word plishtiem =invaders
... mirjam

On May 19, 11:21 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
This is very interesting , Katherine
Yes i heard as well that new Greek is different ,, Hebrew is not so
different than Hebrew from Biblical times is richer in vocubulary ,
but you are also speaking and using verbs and words King David used
mirjam

I find it fascinating, Mirjam.

Higs,
Katherine

Is it really this quiet? Shillelagh Yarn 66 January 19th 07 03:04 PM
Quiet in here today BDS2pds Needlework 11 April 30th 04 02:38 PM
Quiet today Jalynne Beads 28 December 18th 03 05:11 AM
No wonder it's so quiet here today!! OT angela Beads 48 August 18th 03 04:27 PM
OT Will be quiet here Pat in Virginia Quilting 17 July 27th 03 03:41 AM