Paton's Evening Belle

Old May 3rd 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Margaret

Default Paton's Evening Belle

I got 10 balls of black Evening Belle in a charity shop last week but have
been unable to find any patterns for this, or indeed any information at all.
I tried knitting a swatch with 5 1/2mm needles (as on band) to see if I
could use a Dune pattern (same needles recommended). However, the Evening
Belle was a LOT bigger than the Dune.

Does anyone know where I might find a pattern for the evening belle. I
would like to make a plain short sleeved top, with minimum shaping (so I can
knit and watch TV etc).

Thanks

Old May 3rd 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Pascale

Margaret a écrit :
I got 10 balls of black Evening Belle in a charity shop last week but have
been unable to find any patterns for this, or indeed any information at all.
I tried knitting a swatch with 5 1/2mm needles (as on band) to see if I
could use a Dune pattern (same needles recommended). However, the Evening
Belle was a LOT bigger than the Dune.

Does anyone know where I might find a pattern for the evening belle. I
would like to make a plain short sleeved top, with minimum shaping (so I can
knit and watch TV etc).

Thanks

Have you seen the yarn switcher on Paton's website ?

http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?YARN_SUB=1

I think you could find patterns for your yarn....

http://www.patonsyarns.com/pattern.php?PG=lady

Pascale

Old May 4th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Margaret

"Pascale" wrote in message
Margaret a écrit :
I got 10 balls of black Evening Belle in a charity shop last week but have
been unable to find any patterns for this, or indeed any information at
all. I tried knitting a swatch with 5 1/2mm needles (as on band) to see if
I could use a Dune pattern (same needles recommended). However, the
Evening Belle was a LOT bigger than the Dune.

Does anyone know where I might find a pattern for the evening belle. I
would like to make a plain short sleeved top, with minimum shaping (so I
can knit and watch TV etc).

Thanks

Have you seen the yarn switcher on Paton's website ?

http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?YARN_SUB=1

I think you could find patterns for your yarn....

http://www.patonsyarns.com/pattern.php?PG=lady

Pascale
Yes, I have looked thanks. But I was rather hoping for something
specifically for the Evening Belle. However, it does seem to knit up
bigger than it is supposed to. Maybe that is why it was in the charity
shop!! I may end up making a shawl when the exact size does not matter.

Margaret

Old May 5th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

snip

Have you seen the yarn switcher on Paton's website ?

http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?YARN_SUB=1

Thank you, Pascale, for posting this link. I've never run across it and it
looks very useful. I've gone ahead and bookmarked it! :-)

lisa

Old May 5th 07, 08:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Margaret

"Pascale" wrote in message
Margaret a écrit :
"Pascale" wrote in message
Margaret a écrit :
[...]

Margaret, I found these patterns on Bidville.com and Yahoo auctions

http://www.bidville.com/listings/det...emnum=11342208

http://auctions.yahoo.com/i:Patons%2...96:23335 3339

The auctions are ending soon !

Thanks. I have looked at them but unfortunately both patterns are knitted
with other wools, thus leading to a search for wools to match them.

Thanks for the help
Margaret

Old May 6th 07, 08:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Margaret

"YarnWright" wrote in message
YarnWright spun a FINE 'yarn':

I don't understand the obsession with finding a pattern 'written' for a
particular yarn? I've used any yarn with any pattern, and via MATH and
SWATCHING, have made some "gawjus" items....

??????????

JM2C,
Noreen

end quoted

I mean, that's like buying a sewing pattern and only using the material
pictured??? (wierd) OR, only using the colors pictured in a knit/crochet
pattern? (even more wierd)
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Agreed, in a way. But, this is a yarn I have never used before, it is a
string with square slubs on it, and I must admit I found it difficult to
knit at all. So I thought a pattern using the wool might help. It may
well end up back at the charity shop.

I'm Gonna be in Belle Armoire! [email protected] Beads 9 November 4th 06 04:36 AM
Ping Anna Belle Butterfly Quilting 4 May 4th 06 06:46 PM
Paton's Bohemian [email protected] Yarn 5 September 4th 05 12:36 PM
Paton's Fast & Easy Mohair knits...knit any yet? Linda D. Yarn 0 February 22nd 04 02:30 AM
Belle Armoire? Sjpolyclay Beads 15 July 10th 03 10:39 PM