Sunday morning

Old April 18th 07, 10:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Default Sunday morning

"Katherine" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 15, 12:56 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
Erin spun a FINE 'yarn':

Listen to me! Do NOT talk about taxes! I did ours today, and we have
to pay
in over 2k. I am not a happy camper.

Income tax? I wouldn't mind having the income to pay 2k taxes on ... my
income means that I pay no income tax.

Mary

Old April 18th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Apr 18, 12:43 am, "YarnWright" wrote:
Katherine spun a FINE 'yarn':

On Apr 15, 12:56 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
Erin spun a FINE 'yarn':

and for once it is actually still morning as I type this! 10:24 am to
be precise and I am half-way through my first cup of tea for the day.
Today it is green tea with lemon that I received as a Yule present
from a not-so-little-anymore guy. I delivered most of my advertising
circulars yesterday since I didn't have so many kilos this week, and
now I can spend most of Sunday stitching beads onto variousl crocheted
items. :-)

What are y'all up to this fine morning?

Erin
http://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Erin. . .
Gooo-oood morning! My mood doesn't match the weather here in middle
Tennessee, I'm in a good mood although the weather is... politely stated,
crappy. I finished and filed taxes Friday evening, cleaned up some PC
'junque' Saturday, and IF the weather warms and dries enough, DH and I have
to install a window this afternoon.
Yesterday I placed an online order for more laceweight yarn, to make a
couple of capes from "Knitting Essentials" (reprint of an early 1900's
Butterick knitting book) and this morning I did a little knitting on one of
the faroese shawls I'm working on. I also spent a little time with the
yarn-umbrella and ball-winder. (I always end up re-winding from the
ball-winder, I dunno why!) On the second pot of kaffe`, it's now almost
11AM here, I slept in till 7am this morning, what a slacker!
LOL
Have a great rest of the day,
Hugs,
Noreen

Listen to me! Do NOT talk about taxes! I did ours today, and we have
to pay
in over 2k. I am not a happy camper.

Higs,
Katherine

---

end quoted

Katherine. . .
I understand the unhappy camper. Don't hate me, but.....
We were going to owe $800+ when I did them one way, and ended up NOT owing when
I did them another. WHich way do you suppose I sent it?
I HATE doing taxes, I really do, BUT, in our case, doing them myself saves us
the accountant charging us $200 to do 'em.
Noreen
commisserating with you, dear friend....

Darling, I don't hate you. I am envious, but I am always happy when
others benefit.

Higs,
Katherine (who has written the cheque, despite her pain. g)

Old April 18th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Apr 18, 2:20 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

oups.com...

Listen to me! Do NOT talk about taxes! I did ours today, and we have
to pay
in over 2k. I am not a happy camper.

Higs,
Katherine

Oh, ouch! And I've been whining because I have to pay $355. But I knew it
was coming, and I know what to do about it for next year. DH is getting
around $1600 back, due in no small part to his RRSP contributions. And,
guess what? I know many places where that $1600 can go (grin).

Indeed! You could send it to me to help pay my tax bill. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old April 18th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Apr 18, 6:15 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Apr 15, 12:56 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
Erin spun a FINE 'yarn':

Listen to me! Do NOT talk about taxes! I did ours today, and we have
to pay
in over 2k. I am not a happy camper.

Income tax? I wouldn't mind having the income to pay 2k taxes on ... my
income means that I pay no income tax.

Sadly, I don't have the income to pay those taxes. There was not
enough
deducted at the source, so I ended up getting shafted this year. And I
probably will again next year, too. Sigh! This is the first year I
have ever
had to pay in. I have always gotten a refund well over 2k, so you can
imagine how I feel this month. Oh, well, I will survive. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old April 18th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Katherine" wrote in message
ups.com...

Sadly, I don't have the income to pay those taxes. There was not
enough deducted at the source, so I ended up getting shafted this year.

And I
probably will again next year, too. Sigh! This is the first year I
have ever had to pay in. I have always gotten a refund well over 2k, so

you can
imagine how I feel this month. Oh, well, I will survive. g

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine - there is something you can do about it. Revenue Canada has a
form you fill out and give to whomever pays you/deducts your taxes. On that
form, you fill in the additional amount you want deducted and voila, it's
taken care of. I have to do it because I'm getting pensions from two
sources and neither source takes enough off.

Here's a link to the form on the CRA website. Go to page 2 where it says
"additional tax to be deducted".
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/td1/td1-07e.pdf
You can print off the form, fill it in, sign it, hand it in, and hopefully
have no problem next year. ;)

Shelagh

Old April 18th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Apr 18, 12:46 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

And that would be fine, except for the fact that I really can't afford
to have any more
taken off right now. I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay this
year, and hope NOT
to have to pay next year.
Actually, my pension source sent me a form to do just that this year,
but I opted
not to right now. Being a full-time student, plus supporting hubby at
home in
Labrador is costly! However, it will be worth it eventually.

Higs,
Katherine

Old April 19th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

"Shillelagh" wrote ...

Katherine - there is something you can do about it. Revenue Canada has a
form you fill out and give to whomever pays you/deducts your taxes. On
that
form, you fill in the additional amount you want deducted and voila, it's
taken care of. I have to do it because I'm getting pensions from two
sources and neither source takes enough off.

Shelagh

Not withholding enough from pensions seems to be common here, too. Rather
than have more withheld, I make quarterly estimated tax payments.

--
Jan in MN

Old April 20th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Jan" wrote in message

Not withholding enough from pensions seems to be common here, too. Rather
than have more withheld, I make quarterly estimated tax payments.

--
Jan in MN

I'm just as happy to let them do all the work (snicker). In the unlikely
event they've withheld too much, I'll get it back.

Shelagh

Sunday morning... WoolyGooly Yarn 9 December 25th 06 12:00 PM
Sunday Morning S.E.X. Karen C - California Needlework 1 October 30th 06 06:22 PM
Sunday Still morning [email protected] Yarn 2 January 15th 06 09:55 PM
SUNDAY MORNING ,,,,,, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 5 January 12th 06 03:07 AM
Sunday morning mejane Yarn 1 August 9th 04 02:27 PM