Sunday morning

Old April 15th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Default Sunday morning

On Apr 16, 8:37 am, "Vintage Purls" wrote:
The act of eating meat is usually offensive to a vegeterian, the act
of eating vegetables is rarely offensive to a carnivore.

Probably that should read "omnivore" instead of "carnivore".

Old April 15th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Cause they don't think you need meat. And the fact that you cook veggie for
them, means that in your heart of hearts, you know that people do not really
need meat either.

However, for most people, food is their most deeply rooted habit.

For example, my wife really wants both meat and rice. So, I cook them for
her. Personally, there have been years when I did not eat meat, so I know
one can live very well without eating meat, but taking meat from my wife
would make her so grumpy, that I would not even consider trying, except in
the most dire emergency. I know she does not need it, but she sure wants
it.

Me? I need my pizza. Veggie? OK! Low fat? OK!, Whole Wheat? OK! No
cheese? OK! Still, I want my pizza every so often. If you want me to be
happy, bring me pizza and red wine every so often. Everyone has their food
habits!

Aaron

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"JCT" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good morning. It is still early here - 6:47am. I am just up and DH
is still asleep. He will get up soon as he has choir at 8:30. We
have a quiet day ahead. I have some paperwork to do for our local
watershed organization and I will probably watch a Mariners game on tv
while I knit a bit.

We are soup eaters here. I often make a very hearty lentil soup. It
has brown rice, lentils, tomatoes, carrots, onions and usually chicken
stock. Sometimes I use a veggie stock if I am expecting to feed
someone who doesn't do meats.

Why is it that those of us sho do eat meats provide meatless meals for
veggies but they don't provide meat for us?

Mary

Old April 16th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 16, 7:18 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
Why is it that those of us sho do eat meats provide meatless meals for
veggies but they don't provide meat for us?

The act of eating meat is usually offensive to a vegeterian, the act
of eating vegetables is rarely offensive to a carnivore.

VP

We have a veggie daughter in law, she doesn't find meat eating offensive,
doesn't even know why she doesn't eat meat and doesn't mind her children
eating meat. But I always have to provide a special dish for her and she
never does for us. I can't understand it.

Mary

Old April 16th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

wrote in message
. ..
Cause they don't think you need meat. And the fact that you cook veggie
for
them, means that in your heart of hearts, you know that people do not
really
need meat either.

We don't need chocolate either. Or cabbage. Or knitting.

Mary

Old April 16th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Or, anchovies pizza!

Whoops! It is a warm and sunny day, so the kitchen is a bit warmer, that it
has been, and my bread is about ready to bake. I am going to grab a bit of
that dough and have an anchovies pizza for lunch!

Sorry for all you folks with less than perfect weather today. But, we are
going to pay for this fine weather when run out of water in August. The
Dutch iris are going wild! And. yesterday there might have been 4 or 5
stalks of bearded iris blooming, but today there are 40 or 50. The perfume
coming in my office window is wonderful. You can tell I am not working. I
think I have spring fever.

Aaron

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

. ..

Old April 16th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Apr 17, 1:11 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
We have a veggie daughter in law, she doesn't find meat eating offensive,
doesn't even know why she doesn't eat meat and doesn't mind her children
eating meat. But I always have to provide a special dish for her and she
never does for us. I can't understand it.

Maybe her dislike of eating meat also extends to cooking it?
People are weird about food and have some very strange habits related
to it, the reasons why people do or don't eat/like things are
incredibly varied in my experience and often seem to illogical to me.
But I'm sure I have habits and preferences that seem odd to others
too.

VP

Old April 16th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Apr 17, 1:12 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
We don't need chocolate either. Or cabbage. Or knitting.

Cabbage yes. But chocolate and knitting - that's just crazy talk!

VP

Old April 16th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 17, 1:12 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
We don't need chocolate either. Or cabbage. Or knitting.

Cabbage yes. But chocolate and knitting - that's just crazy talk!

I wish I was as successful with a rod :-)

Mary

VP

Old April 18th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Apr 15, 12:56 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
Erin spun a FINE 'yarn':

and for once it is actually still morning as I type this! 10:24 am to
be precise and I am half-way through my first cup of tea for the day.
Today it is green tea with lemon that I received as a Yule present
from a not-so-little-anymore guy. I delivered most of my advertising
circulars yesterday since I didn't have so many kilos this week, and
now I can spend most of Sunday stitching beads onto variousl crocheted
items. :-)

What are y'all up to this fine morning?

Erin
http://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Erin. . .
Gooo-oood morning! My mood doesn't match the weather here in middle Tennessee,
I'm in a good mood although the weather is... politely stated, crappy.
I finished and filed taxes Friday evening, cleaned up some PC 'junque'
Saturday, and IF the weather warms and dries enough, DH and I have to install a
window this afternoon.
Yesterday I placed an online order for more laceweight yarn, to make a couple
of capes from "Knitting Essentials" (reprint of an *early* 1900's Butterick
knitting book) and this morning I did a little knitting on one of the faroese
shawls I'm working on. I also spent a little time with the yarn-umbrella and
ball-winder. (I always end up re-winding from the ball-winder, I dunno why!)
On the second pot of kaffe`, it's now almost 11AM here, I slept in till 7am
this morning, what a slacker!
LOL
Have a great rest of the day,
Hugs,
Noreen

Listen to me! Do NOT talk about taxes! I did ours today, and we have
to pay
in over 2k. I am not a happy camper.

Higs,
Katherine

Old April 18th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Katherine" wrote in message
oups.com...

Listen to me! Do NOT talk about taxes! I did ours today, and we have
to pay
in over 2k. I am not a happy camper.

Higs,
Katherine

Oh, ouch! And I've been whining because I have to pay $355. But I knew it
was coming, and I know what to do about it for next year. DH is getting
around $1600 back, due in no small part to his RRSP contributions. And,
guess what? I know many places where that $1600 can go (grin).

Shelagh

Sunday morning... WoolyGooly Yarn 9 December 25th 06 12:00 PM
Sunday Morning S.E.X. Karen C - California Needlework 1 October 30th 06 06:22 PM
Sunday Still morning [email protected] Yarn 2 January 15th 06 09:55 PM
SUNDAY MORNING ,,,,,, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 5 January 12th 06 03:07 AM
Sunday morning mejane Yarn 1 August 9th 04 02:27 PM