OT Double Knee Replacement Prehab.

Old October 5th 05, 05:38 AM
Dreamweaver

Default OT Double Knee Replacement Prehab.

Saw the Orthopedic Surgeon for the first time about double knee replacement.
I have severe contractures (that's fancy for cain't straighten my legs) and
we decided to try a new contraption that slowly straightens the legs. It's
non-invasive and is on the premise of braces for your teeth only the other
direction...It's quite the interesting looking contraption and I've already
affectionately named it the "instrument of torture." I control it myself
and must wear it 1 hour/3 times a day for three weeks and then we'll see.
It will make the surgeries and post ops/rehabs much easier for both the Doc
and me if it does work. Will be fitted for it in the next couple of weeks.
I'll keep you posted. Prayers, good thoughts, healing light, cyber puppy
kisses, and everything else good would be very welcome!
--
Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver...the adventure continues...

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath
of a buffalo in the winter time. It is the little shadow which runs across
the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
-- Crowfoot, April 1890

Old October 5th 05, 07:46 AM
Patti

Well, well, what will they think of next!
Sounds pretty gruesome; but, if it works as they hope that would
be wonderful.
I can offer you cyber purrs - hope they'll do!
All the very best.
..
In message , Dreamweaver
writes
Saw the Orthopedic Surgeon for the first time about double knee replacement.
I have severe contractures (that's fancy for cain't straighten my legs) and
we decided to try a new contraption that slowly straightens the legs. It's
non-invasive and is on the premise of braces for your teeth only the other
direction...It's quite the interesting looking contraption and I've already
affectionately named it the "instrument of torture." I control it myself
and must wear it 1 hour/3 times a day for three weeks and then we'll see.
It will make the surgeries and post ops/rehabs much easier for both the Doc
and me if it does work. Will be fitted for it in the next couple of weeks.
I'll keep you posted. Prayers, good thoughts, healing light, cyber puppy
kisses, and everything else good would be very welcome!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 5th 05, 09:11 AM
Sharon Harper

Sending all those along to you! I have something wrong with the tendon
under my right foot (it's rubbed against the bone or something) which causes
me to hobble about for a few minutes after periods of sitting down. Happy
little Chiro Man has me doing all sorts of torturous (sp?) exercises and
things for it. The only enjoyable one he wrote down was for wayne (DH) to
massage the foot - and DH won't do it! He says I'm perfectly capable of
doing it myself. Hmph!

Good luck and keep us posted

quicker)

Old October 5th 05, 10:12 AM
Kate Dicey

Dreamweaver wrote:

Saw the Orthopedic Surgeon for the first time about double knee replacement.
I have severe contractures (that's fancy for cain't straighten my legs) and
we decided to try a new contraption that slowly straightens the legs. It's
non-invasive and is on the premise of braces for your teeth only the other
direction...It's quite the interesting looking contraption and I've already
affectionately named it the "instrument of torture." I control it myself
and must wear it 1 hour/3 times a day for three weeks and then we'll see.
It will make the surgeries and post ops/rehabs much easier for both the Doc
and me if it does work. Will be fitted for it in the next couple of weeks.
I'll keep you posted. Prayers, good thoughts, healing light, cyber puppy
kisses, and everything else good would be very welcome!

They are on the way! And we'll need pix of the magic gadget! Sugar
Puff would send you her latest mouse to help, but Cornflake caught it
and et it! They send purrs insead.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 5th 05, 12:19 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Prayers and good thoughts on the way from Tucson. BTW, could you send a
little of that rain this way?

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old October 5th 05, 03:10 PM
Taria

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers that all will go well
Dreamy. Hope they can get you 'straightened' out.
Hugs, Taria

Old October 5th 05, 03:55 PM

Sending you good thoughts and prayers. My SIL was to have a double knee
replacement and after her first knee replacement her other leg/knee
completely lost all its pain. Maybe this will be the case for
you..Michele

Old October 5th 05, 04:36 PM
Listpig

Yeah, the body is a united system. So when you hurt one place, you tend to
favor it, whether you realize it or not, and that changes your
posture.....which then hoses up other stuff.

So if you fix things in the order they happened (the first thing you screwed
up gets fixed first), no telling what that might fix that happened later.

--pig

Old October 5th 05, 04:46 PM
Anne in CA

Ah Ha! Plantar fasciitis!! Been there, had that, ouch, ouch, ouch.
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010201/467.html

Do the exercises. It does go away. My favorite exercise was to take a
Campbell's Soup can and roll it back and forth with my foot.

Tell DH it goes away *lots* faster (and cheaper) if a spouse does the
massage :-D

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

Old October 5th 05, 08:42 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Dreamweaver" wrote:

Saw the Orthopedic Surgeon for the first time about double knee replacement.
I have severe contractures (that's fancy for cain't straighten my legs) and
we decided to try a new contraption that slowly straightens the legs. It's
non-invasive and is on the premise of braces for your teeth only the other
direction...It's quite the interesting looking contraption and I've already
affectionately named it the "instrument of torture." I control it myself
and must wear it 1 hour/3 times a day for three weeks and then we'll see.
It will make the surgeries and post ops/rehabs much easier for both the Doc
and me if it does work. Will be fitted for it in the next couple of weeks.
I'll keep you posted. Prayers, good thoughts, healing light, cyber puppy
kisses, and everything else good would be very welcome!

All of the above are on their way to you right now! Best of luck with
this, Dreamy!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

knee replacement help pami Quilting 15 September 22nd 05 12:33 PM
Thread - Double or not? Mika Quilting 6 June 23rd 04 12:54 PM
Is a knee lift essential? Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 39 March 26th 04 07:51 AM