WOOLY

Old July 11th 05, 09:29 AM
Cher

Default WOOLY

Can you do me a favour, look at my reply about the folksocks pattern
problem, which is the\ subject line, with the url to my photo album showing
the graph. Only I am finding it hard to explain how this works....I think
you'll probably explain it better...

I think she is seeing the Y shape on the graph and thinking it is stitches
moved over or something, the graph just shows the natural move of the
pattern at the V part of the graph (top of Y)as the shaping is done....would
you mind looking at my message reply please? I'd hate to muddle her up
further..

Cheers.........Cher

Old July 11th 05, 07:20 PM
Wooly

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:29:09 GMT, "Cher"
spewed forth :

Can you do me a favour, look at my reply about the folksocks pattern
problem, which is the\ subject line, with the url to my photo album showing
the graph. Only I am finding it hard to explain how this works....I think
you'll probably explain it better...

I think she is seeing the Y shape on the graph and thinking it is stitches
moved over or something, the graph just shows the natural move of the
pattern at the V part of the graph (top of Y)as the shaping is done....would
you mind looking at my message reply please? I'd hate to muddle her up
further..

Cheers.........Cher

Well, if you read the chart literally and don't place it into the
context of the natural sock shaping it might look as if one is to move
the clock over. I think the OP has figured it out tho.

Those socks were a b*tch for me to knit, but not because of the
pattern. The first yarn I tried to use didn't want to be those socks
- or socks at all for tht matter. The second attempt produced
putatively identical socks that weren't size-matched mates. *shrug*

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 11th 05, 09:32 PM
Cher

Well if she is sorted that is fine then....I can't quite understand what is
wrong with the pattern, so thought I'd ask you.....lol

cheers.....Cher

Old July 11th 05, 09:48 PM
Wooly

I don't think anything is "wrong" with it, merely an alternate
interpretation that produced some unexpected results

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:32:38 GMT, "Cher"
spewed forth :

Old July 11th 05, 11:20 PM
Nyssa

Wooly wrote:

I don't think anything is "wrong" with it, merely an alternate
interpretation that produced some unexpected results

EXACTLY!!!

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:32:38 GMT, "Cher"
spewed forth :

Well if she is sorted that is fine then....I can't quite understand what is
wrong with the pattern, so thought I'd ask you.....lol

Nyssa, who has the socks back on track now
At River's End
http://nyssa.cnc.net
Old July 12th 05, 07:33 AM
Cher

LOL.....omg isn't it odd how we do this sometimes...you can achieve some
interesting patterns through mis reading an original though...

hugs....Cher

Old July 12th 05, 07:37 AM
Cher

I agree, but can;t understand what the lady is doing to go wrong...lol..to
help her put it right...hugs.....Cher

Old July 13th 05, 03:36 PM
Wooly

I think she's reading the gusset pattern as an instruction to
literally move the clock over on every round, instead of reading it as
"oh, I'm decreasing the gusset so the clock is moving naturally". Its
that whole literal versus intuitive thing

+++++++++++++

Old July 13th 05, 10:45 PM
Cher

so how do we stop her doing that so that it is all correct and in order?I
tried to explain that, but until you actually see where you are going adrift
it is hard to change what you initially believe to be right...
cheers.......Cher

Old July 14th 05, 03:24 AM
MRH

*grin* I thought I saw that the original poster who had asked about this
pattern had figured it out by herself? ;o)

Gemini

.uk...

"Wooly" wrote in message
I think she's reading the gusset pattern as an instruction to
literally move the clock over on every round, instead of reading it as
"oh, I'm decreasing the gusset so the clock is moving naturally". Its
that whole literal versus intuitive thing

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...

Big Thank You to Wooly & Rusty [email protected] Yarn 3 July 10th 05 12:05 AM
Wooly Worm was right! Carlinda Beads 3 January 6th 05 06:20 AM
Att'n: WOOLY Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 3 December 29th 04 05:31 AM
New Wooly Dream FREEBIE on Kreinik Site lula Needlework 22 September 10th 04 01:29 PM
Sad News from Wooly Dreams Tink Boord-Dill Needlework 5 May 28th 04 08:49 PM