Looking for online source

Old April 20th 07, 10:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Looking for online source

Ok I saved your orig reply.

Donna

CATS wrote:
I would be happy to help. But please email me as I do not
always read the ng's regularly.

I could not email you using reply.

"DAB" Buckeye wrote in message
Cheryl that is so kind of you to offer.....I may take you up....we
have a Knitting Retreat this weekend....several Yarn Shops come into
town to sell there wares so I will be looking to the yarn.

If I can't find it I will let you knowG I am mostly interested in
baby colors for Hats and little socks I knit for charity.

Thanks so much for your offer.

Donna

CATS wrote:
I don't know how many other Aussies there are in the ng, but
if you REALLY want this wool I would be happy to buy and
ship for you. I am in Victoria (SE corner of Aus).

There is an excellent yarn shop in nearby Ballarat and I am
sure the owner could try to get you a colour card, or at
least I could scan one and email it.

However, the warning about postage is spot on. We pay much
higher postage out of Aus than you do into the country. So
if you are really interested give me some idea of the
quantities you would want and I will check post costs the
next time I am in the PO.

Cheryl

"DAB" Buckeye
wrote in message
Vintage Purls wrote:
On Apr 19, 10:28 am, "DAB" Buckeye
wrote:
A LYS had a big sale and I picked up 6 skeins of Checkheaton
Merino 4ply Bambino......I love how it feels but the only color
they had was kelly green......my best friend loves green so I
have enough to make a Hat and Mittens.....but I would love to
have this yarn in other colors but after doing a search for over
an hour last nite I was only able to find a 8ply and it was not
Bambino.

Oh and the little skeins are sooooo cuteG

Donna

I have it in black for a cardy I'm knitting myself and you can get
it in the usual "baby" colours and in a good strong blue, red and
a couple of multi-colours. It's very available here in NZ at
Spotlight (which I know has stores in Australia and Singapore
too) do you have such an outfit in the U.S.? It is lovely wool.

VP

No but I will just have to start asking the local stores if they
can get it for me. I do have a work friend that is from Australia
and makes 2 trips home a year...maybe I can get her to bring some
back for meG it is lovely and I think it would make nice soft
socks.