cleaning out sewing room/spare bedroom/catchal room

Old May 28th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default cleaning out sewing room/spare bedroom/catchal room

Ok, school is out until August 8 and I have promised myself to tackle one
project each day (when I am at home and not traveling and such) until they
are all completed. Yesterday's project was new curtains for our
bedroom---easy fix with a quick trip to WalMart and a couple of hours of
cutting and hemming---room looks much better. Tomorrow's project is to
touch-up the smudges on the walls in the bedroom that will not come clean
with some soap and water. What is today's project----figuring out what is
in all of those plastic shopping bags in the sewing room. You know the
ones----you saw something at the lqs that you just had to have and there it
sits waiting for inspiration! Or that "gift" from one of your sewing
sisters that never made it past the door to the room.
Well, in the process of discovery, I fell over that wicker laundry basket
that I throw my scraps into. It is over flowing and I cannot remember when
I last tossed something in it. OMG---what a mess! At first I started
sorting by size but that task was too daunting. Then I remembered that
other ng members offer up their scraps to the first one who claims them and
thought, why not? I trashed all of the long skinny strips and the little
bits of junk and kept anything that had a good size to it for myself and a
future scrap quilt. What is left? A bag of scraps---and I do mean scraps!
If you would like this mess of stuff, I will mail it to the first one (US)
who asks. Now remember----there is no yardage here to speak of and most of
the "treasures" are 2" squares and bits and pieces. Cannot guarantee that
they have been prewashed but we do not smoke and have no pets. Applique
artists might be interested but not sure who else will take the plunge. My
feelings will not be hurt if I get no takers. In that case, this bag will
find its way to the dumpster with its smaller sisters and brothers.

email me off list jdallingatflashdotnet

judy in fort worth

Old May 29th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

oh dear, Judy,
if no one wants it, dont dump it, take it to a kindergarten.
they''ll use the fabric in some most amazingly creatives ventures and love
you for the thinking of them.
good luck,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"judy in fort worth" wrote...

Old May 29th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

oh yes DO do so!!! my preschool adores me for keeping the snippets between
1/2 and 1 inch separate for them to glue with!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands
\

Sewing Room update maryd Quilting 0 January 25th 06 01:02 AM
Sewing Room Moved!! Kate G. Quilting 3 September 5th 05 10:46 PM
Sewing room makeover - my turn Kim E Quilting 8 June 23rd 05 03:20 PM
New sewing room pics Coleen Quilting 0 August 16th 04 02:48 AM
FAQ's on buying a new Sewing Machine Butterfly Quilting 0 October 17th 03 04:34 PM