Quilt for ME - November

Old November 5th 04, 03:06 AM
Jalynne

Default Quilt for ME - November

I must confess, I've not been working on my quilts. But I have a very good reason.
Or two, really. I've been working a lot on two HUG quilts over the past month, and
am also realizing that my sewing machine does NOT like to quilt. I'm in the process
of shopping for a new sewing machine now, and the two quilts I have for me that are
basted and waiting to be quilted will likely wait until we get our tax return in
March. The double nine patch will have to wait until after our December hoopla is
over. So...basically, I'm not gonna get to work on my stuff for about 6 weeks.
How's everyone else doing? Remember, this isn't a contest...just an encouragement.
There are no prizes, and there are no quilt police.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old November 5th 04, 03:33 AM
maryd

I finished piecing about 6 blocks. Most of my energy has been directed in
completing Christmas gifts that have to be shipped.

--
Mary
link.net...

Old November 5th 04, 06:43 AM
Carolanna

I have been lurking lately, I have posted in the past, though. I am
still learning, having only done quilts, and scrappy lap quilts at that,
one baby one though, but will you please tell me what a "double" nine
patch is"? I have admired your work for a long time and even saved in
Favorites!! Carolanna

http://community.webtv.net/carapanda/doc

http://community.webtv.net/carapanda/doc0

Old November 5th 04, 06:46 AM
Carolanna

My letter was for Jalynne. Carolanna

Old November 5th 04, 06:55 AM
Carolanna

Oh dear, Jalynne, more questions, what is a HUG quilt? Carolanna

I recently made a quilt for myself like you said. My daughter admired
it so much, I just made her a similar one for Christmas. She suggested
that I make a quilt for my 20 year old grandson for a gift, so that is
my next project. My aunt gave me some red velvet which I plan on
incorporating in a scrappy nine-patch, hope it won't be difficult to sew
it. I recently used flannel in a scrappy top and it sewed fine.

Old November 5th 04, 07:32 AM
Jalynne

This is what a double nine patch looks like...nine patches that make up a bigger nine
patch. My quilt has nine 18" blocks set on point. It's done in Amish solids, and
all hand pieced. Will be all hand quilted as well. It's a challenge for myself. So
sweet of you to have my site bookmarked. I'm working more on beading right now, as
that's bringing in some hobby money for me, but there will be more quilt stuff up
pretty soon.

Diana just posted the group FAQs the other day, and the HUG definitions were there.
I'll give you the link to it, so you can read it...others can say it much better than
I can. http://snipurl.com/aeu4

As for the velvet you intend to use...do make sure it's washable. I don't know how
it would hold up mixed with cottons or other fabrics. Others might have an opinion.

Old November 5th 04, 10:03 AM
Kate Dicey

Jalynne wrote:

I must confess, I've not been working on my quilts. But I have a very good reason.
Or two, really. I've been working a lot on two HUG quilts over the past month, and
am also realizing that my sewing machine does NOT like to quilt. I'm in the process
of shopping for a new sewing machine now, and the two quilts I have for me that are
basted and waiting to be quilted will likely wait until we get our tax return in
March. The double nine patch will have to wait until after our December hoopla is
over. So...basically, I'm not gonna get to work on my stuff for about 6 weeks.
How's everyone else doing? Remember, this isn't a contest...just an encouragement.
There are no prizes, and there are no quilt police.

Mine is finished and in use... But I started another one!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old November 5th 04, 10:48 AM
Sharon Harper

Like mine! Only I've started another two. LOL - one is my first round
robin which is basted awaiting quilting and the other is a WUH for my nanna
which I'm hoping to enter in a contest.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old November 5th 04, 11:46 AM
georg

Jalynne wrote:

How's everyone else doing? Remember, this isn't a contest...just an encouragement.
There are no prizes, and there are no quilt police.

Mine has been set aside. The Mini RR needs to be finished- mom wants me
to give it to dad for kissmoose. It would have already been done, but I
have to embellish it a wee- I'm embroidering Reading Room on it and
adding a few charms.

And the 1390 quilt progresses, but I've run out of dark brown linen
floss (again). I'm also worried that my sources cannot get any more of
it. I've got all the words on, and it looks like the top half will be
completely stuffed and ready for quilting by the end of the weekend.

-georg
Old November 5th 04, 12:13 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Grrrrr......me, either. Too many other things going on right now. Getting
my cooler and my mother's ready for winter, ditto furnaces; overtime at
work; acquisition (thanks to the OT) of a DVD recorder/player, which
necessitated rearranging my entire stereo/TV setup and rewiring the speakers
in the back room; the new Canadian comedy season has started, so the tapes
and DVDs for the Red Green chain must be copied and sent out; MSM found us a
small freezer, which meant rearranging the kitchen. And so on! I haven't
been able to sew for weeks and I'm going through withdrawal. However, I'm
sure that the pressure will ease up eventually and I can devote some time to
my FWs and my Confetti quilt. Just maybe not this year.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
take out nospam to reply

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Jalynne" wrote in message
link.net...
I must confess, I've not been working on my quilts. But I have a very good
reason. Or two, really. I've been working a lot on two HUG quilts over the
past month, and am also realizing that my sewing machine does NOT like to
quilt. I'm in the process of shopping for a new sewing machine now, and
the two quilts I have for me that are basted and waiting to be quilted will
likely wait until we get our tax return in March. The double nine patch
will have to wait until after our December hoopla is over. So...basically,
I'm not gonna get to work on my stuff for about 6 weeks. How's everyone
else doing? Remember, this isn't a contest...just an encouragement. There
are no prizes, and there are no quilt police.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

An evil quilt attacks you ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg Quilting 18 September 4th 10 12:55 AM
Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
Its that time again! FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 9 February 1st 04 08:08 PM
My first "real" Quilt -- LOL Kathy in CA Quilting 2 August 12th 03 10:28 PM