OT - Fabulous Christmas Shopping

Old December 16th 03, 03:02 PM
frood

Default OT - Fabulous Christmas Shopping

I know not every one is fortunate enough to have the day I had yesterday.
But I had such an excellent day, I wanted to spread the karma around. I
went Christmas shopping to find stuff for my kids, mostly for Miss Fussy
Rose, and Spike and Giles. I had already been to a locally-owned toy shop,
and done shopping for DS, so this time I went to that major toy conglomerate
that can't make it's letters correctly. I went early, and I'm glad I did!

I found everything I needed on my list (checked it twice), and some bonus
stuff. The store was well-stocked and clean. The people I asked for help
were both helpful and friendly. Checkout was fast and friendly. I even
remembered batteries - everything from AAA to C!! There were a few grouchy
customers, and I gave them great big smiles and Merry Christmas greetings as
I said excuse me and waited for them to move.

Then, I went to a camping/outdoor specialty store and found the last present
I needed for DH, that I had been looking everywhere for! Woo Hoo! Score! Oh,
and I got myself a new warm hat (must cover the ears, now that I've chopped
off my hair) and fleece socks.

On to TSWLTH, and found the craft foam I wanted (on sale) and new plastic
glasses with candy-cane stripes, to use with the Christmas dishes (majorly
on sale).

Then, I treated myself to a yummy lunch, and went to pick up Spike and Giles
from preschool.

What a great morning! Today, it's off to the specialty grocery store with
the girls. The outside of the house is almost finished. The gingerbread
decorations are up, but DH is still working on the icing. We were thwarted
over the weekend by nasty cold rain. But the inside decor is finished. Hey,
I just found out that not everyone decorates every room in the house! Now
I'm wondering if I'm in the majority, or minority?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old December 16th 03, 03:16 PM
Taria

Wow Wendy, sounds like a great day. I need to get out and
finish up shopping but just haven't had the courage. You are
an inspiration BG
We spread the decorations around some but don't get into
full on Christmas everywhere.
Taria

Old December 16th 03, 04:51 PM
Jan Dunaway

Sounds like a most excellent day!!! :-) And yes we decorate every room
in the house!! And always have!! I love Christmas!!! Thanks for
spreading the karma!!

Jan

Old December 16th 03, 04:51 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

I know not every one is fortunate enough to have the day I had yesterday.
But I had such an excellent day, I wanted to spread the karma around.

snip Sounds like a terrific day, Wendy! But what do you mean about
your hair? What's it look like now? I have a mental pic (and some real
ones) of you as you were a year ago in Houston, and I can't seem to get
the hair right mentally now.

What a great morning! Today, it's off to the specialty grocery store with
the girls. The outside of the house is almost finished. The gingerbread
decorations are up, but DH is still working on the icing. We were thwarted
over the weekend by nasty cold rain. But the inside decor is finished. Hey,
I just found out that not everyone decorates every room in the house! Now
I'm wondering if I'm in the majority, or minority?

I have decorations in the living room, dining room, kitchen, both
bathrooms, sewing room and guest room. The only room that seems to have
been gypped is my bedroom. G Still, we don't do that many decorations
anywhere except in the main living areas. A small house such as ours has
a storage problem, after all.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net
Old December 16th 03, 05:21 PM
frood

http://griffinsflight.com/BeforeandAfter.htm Not only is my hair 10"
shorter, it's now platinum blonde!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

In article ,

Old December 16th 03, 05:22 PM
Ocean Gypsy

In article , "frood" wrote:
I know not every one is fortunate enough to have the day I had yesterday.
But I had such an excellent day, I wanted to spread the karma around.

Thanks - I can use some. :-)

snip the description of finding everything and then some.....I'm
soooo jealous

What a great morning! Today, it's off to the specialty grocery store with
the girls. The outside of the house is almost finished. The gingerbread
decorations are up, but DH is still working on the icing. We were thwarted
over the weekend by nasty cold rain. But the inside decor is finished. Hey,
I just found out that not everyone decorates every room in the house! Now
I'm wondering if I'm in the majority, or minority?

I used to, since for years I would go mega-shopping the day after
Christmas and have tons of decorations. In my first marriage we
even used to have an "upstairs" tree (artificial) in the living room
and a "downstairs" tree in the family room. But with no children
living here full time and traveling over so much of the holidays,
it's quite downsized. Tree is up as of Sunday though and looks
beautiful.

Crystal, off to frogstitch a table runner after a break

Old December 16th 03, 05:26 PM
frood

Only 2 trees? wg We only have 2 up right now, but the kid tree upstairs is
just waiting for DH to lug it out of the shed and upstairs. I also have a
small 2' fiber optic tree that I'm trying to figure out where to put it. All
the outlets are full in the places it will look right. Then there's the 4',
3', and 2' set to go in front of the fireplace. I saw a fabulous 7' pink
aluminum tree last weekend that I really lusted over, but it was more money
than I really wanted to spend. :-( Maybe I'll check back after Christmas, to
see if it goes on sale. Oh, yeah, we also have 2 inflatable trees for the
kids' rooms.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Ocean Gypsy" wrote in message
In article , "frood"

Old December 16th 03, 09:05 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

http://griffinsflight.com/BeforeandAfter.htm Not only is my hair 10"
shorter, it's now platinum blonde!

Well my goodness! How did I miss that development? g I like your new
look!
Old December 16th 03, 09:12 PM
frood

Well, I have been keeping quiet about it, but I started Weight Watchers in
July. When I lost 20 pounds, I treated myself to a new look. :-) I've now
lost 26, with 17 to go. Once I get to that point, I'll decide if I want to
lose more. It's been so long since I've been down to that weight that I
can't remember what size it is!

I've already gone down a pant size and a bra size. I'm especially amazed at
how I look in the mirror! Oh, and more energy for things like power shopping
and S.E.X. ;-)

Old December 16th 03, 09:57 PM
Chipper

Wow! Good work! Your hair looks great. It's a lovely color for your fair,
rosy skin.
I think I found your 20 lbs. Do you want me to send it back???
chipper

.com...