Can someone help me with a pattern?

Old December 10th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Default Can someone help me with a pattern?

"pecan" wrote !
Here is another good site

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/antiqueknitting.html

Barbara

Thanks again. I like the slippers - I had always felt knitted ones
were too risky on hardwood but the owner of a local yarn shop told me
to use Shoe Goo on the base. When it dries it is like the rubber
patterns on the bottoms of some commercial socks. I have some of the
Shoe Goo (readily available in hardware stores) but haven't yet tried
it. Might take a shot at some of the slippers and try it out.

Certainly lots to look at with both sites !

Never heard of that before, but it's a good idea. Wonder if we can get it
in Africa. I've been wanting to make myself some socks - could make
slipper-socks!

Some people also use the dimensional fabric paint that comes in squeeze
bottles. You can make patterns or dots or whatever, again like the bottoms
of the slippersocks in the stores.

Dawne