Multiple half-square triangles

Old July 15th 11, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Default Multiple half-square triangles

I wonder if someone could kindly remind me of the printed paper (I
think?) that enables many two-colour half-square triangles to be made by
simply sewing along the correct lines and then cutting apart?
I expect I could draw my own - if I sat down and concentrated on which
lines to sew and which to cut, but I do believe there is something
available, and I do feel like using it. I have a feeling it was
something Pati spoke about (but I might well have got it mixed up with
Inklingo, that Pati did used to mention?).
I have a precious print of a huge number of different blocks, all made
with half-square triangles and I have always wanted to make something
with them.
Thanks for any leads ...
--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old July 15th 11, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Denise in NH[_2_]

On Jul 15, 10:13*am, Pat S wrote:
I wonder if someone could kindly remind me of the printed paper (I
think?) that enables many two-colour half-square triangles to be made by
simply sewing along the correct lines and then cutting apart?
I expect I could draw my own - if I sat down and concentrated on which
lines to sew and which to cut, but I do believe there is something
available, and I do feel like using it. *I have a feeling it was
something Pati spoke about (but I might well have got it mixed up with
Inklingo, that Pati did used to mention?).
I have a precious print of a huge number of different blocks, all made
with half-square triangles and I have always wanted to make something
with them.
Thanks for any leads ...
--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green

Sounds like "Thangles" I've used them and like them very much.

Denise in NH
Old July 15th 11, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

I like the "triangles on a roll" brand, there's also a brand called
"thangles" and there's "triangle paper" which is full sheet size.
There are probably others I don't know about too.

Here's a link to a place that has some you can print yourself for free.
Maybe she has the size you need. It is best if you have some
lightweight paper to print on rather than the standard computer paper.

http://www.quiltingandwhatnot.ca/Hal...-Triangle.html

marcella

Old July 15th 11, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I draw a grid on the wrong side of the lighter colored fabric- the
fabric should be about 1/2 in. larger than the grid on all sides.
Then draw a diagonal line thru all the squares corner to corner in one
direction only... as in there will not be an 'X' in any square .
(Usually a 'W' shape means you can sew it all in one go without
starting and stopping your sewing very often.)

Sew with right sides of fabric together on both sides of every
diagonal line- 1/4 in. from the diagonal line- using a 1/4 foot or
draw a broken line for the sewing line. Then just cut apart on the
grid lines and diagional lines with your rotary cutter. You can also
draw the grid and diagonals on some type of paper- or freezer paper
and lightly iron onto the fabric- and then do the sewing thru the
paper. Your grid size will be the finished size of your HSTs plus 7/8
in. unless you prefer to make the HSTs over-sized and trim.

Good luck and have fun! (You may want to try this method on scraps to
prove out your lines' thickness and your accuracy of stitching 1/4 in.
on both sides of the diagonals.)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 16th 11, 08:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Thanks very much everyone. I now have all the information I need.
Great.
--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green