OT HELP! Can't find you

Old November 10th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT HELP! Can't find you

I let someone play with my computer and now I have to read thru Google
instead of individual.net! My computer keeps telling me "Windows Mail
was unable to switch to the news group rec.crafts.textiles.quilting on
news.individual.net". And when I synch it says Your
'rec.crafts.textiles.quilting' folder was not polled for its unread
count. Account: 'news.individual.net', Server: 'news.individual.net',
Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '480 Authentication required.', Port:
119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 480, Error Number: 0x800CCCA4

I know how to set up individual.net and I have my user name and
password, but I can't remember *where* I go to set it up. I'm so
flustered that I can't get my brain into gear.

Please tell me what to do to set up individual.net again...... and
keep it simple. I am the far opposite of a techie. ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.
Old November 10th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

I would say their server is down and there is nothing you can do but wait.
My server was down a couple weeks ago for maintenance.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old November 10th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

I had that problem yesterday with 'individual', Leslie. Mine kept demanding
my password. The only things I can say in German are goodbye and God bless
you but I thought I'd give sending them an email a try anyway. They
responded immediately, told me what my password is (one they choose that
defies imagination) and all is well again. Such nice people there. Polly

ers2...

Old November 10th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT HELP! Can't find you/FIXED!

I found a group of I don't know who the kind people are but when I clicked
on 'assistance' there they were! Others had been asking for help with the
same problem. I got enough info to get set up again. What a bother!

It's good to be back. VBG

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
chose

Polly

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I had that problem yesterday with 'individual', Leslie. Mine kept
demanding my password. The only things I can say in German are goodbye
and God bless you but I thought I'd give sending them an email a try
anyway. They responded immediately, told me what my password is (one they
choose that defies imagination) and all is well again. Such nice people
there. Polly

ers2...

Old November 10th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Glad you got that sorted out!
..
In message , Leslie & The Furbabies in
MO. writes
I found a group of I don't know who the kind people are but when I
clicked on 'assistance' there they were! Others had been asking for
help with the same problem. I got enough info to get set up again.
What a bother!

It's good to be back. VBG

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 10th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

And it's good to have you back Leslie. Now stick around! :-)

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
I found a group of I don't know who the kind people are but when I clicked
on 'assistance' there they were! Others had been asking for help with the
same problem. I got enough info to get set up again. What a bother!

It's good to be back. VBG

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
chose

Polly

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I had that problem yesterday with 'individual', Leslie. Mine kept
demanding my password. The only things I can say in German are goodbye
and God bless you but I thought I'd give sending them an email a try
anyway. They responded immediately, told me what my password is (one they
choose that defies imagination) and all is well again. Such nice people
there. Polly

ers2...

Old November 11th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Kate G." wrote:

and be sure to lock your computer away from strangers!!!

--
Kate in MI

That's what I was going to say, too -- except that I'd add to lock it
away from *everyone*. G I've learned that people who "play" with my
computer tend to do things they might not do to their own, with
sometimes surprising results.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old November 11th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Sandy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kate G." wrote:

and be sure to lock your computer away from strangers!!!

--
Kate in MI

That's what I was going to say, too -- except that I'd add to lock it
away from *everyone*. G I've learned that people who "play" with my
computer tend to do things they might not do to their own, with
sometimes surprising results.

This is why we have his and hers computers. Cheaper than a divorce lawyer.
;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to reply
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathyapplebaum/

Where can I find.....? Quilting 4 June 16th 06 01:14 AM
Where can I find... [email protected] Needlework 3 April 9th 05 02:55 AM
OT - Can you help me find... Tinkster Beads 11 December 23rd 04 01:53 AM
AD: Find the items you cant find + more brett Rubberstamps 0 February 24th 04 01:12 PM
Where to find?? seasidebarb Quilting 0 December 13th 03 12:48 AM