Recycled Paper Beads

Old September 8th 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Noj

Default Recycled Paper Beads

How do I polish (make them glossy) these beads?

Can I use any paper?

What type of paints work best?

Can I use a bead roller for uniformity?

My 11 yr. old daughter is driving me nuts to make these but I cant
seem to find any really good info on how to make them look good. The
process seems simple enough. Boil Paper, drain, add glue, shape, dry,
paint, polish.

Any suggestions? Tips? Advice?

Thanks In Advance!
Old September 8th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling

I don't think you can polish paper beads the same way you'd polish metal beads.... tumbling in
polishing medium.
I've never made paper beads, and I don't know much about the process, but I'd put a clear acrylic
coat or sealant coat on them to make them shiny after you've painted them. Oh, and don't forget
about the holes when you are making the beads. Gotta have holes to string them.

Sterling

Old September 10th 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
mrbonaparte

try google
http://www.google.com/search?q=recyc...006-01,DELD:en

Old September 11th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Libby

On Sep 8, 8:28*am, Noj wrote:
How do I polish (make them glossy) these beads?

Can I use any paper?

What type of paints work best?

Can I use a bead roller for uniformity?

My 11 yr. old daughter is driving me nuts to make these but I cant
seem to find any really good info on how to make them look good. The
process seems simple enough. Boil Paper, drain, add glue, shape, dry,
paint, polish.

Any suggestions? Tips? Advice?

Thanks In Advance!

Here is an very nice tutorial which has been very generously shared.
These paper beads are incredibly beautiful. http://www.stampersmall.com/classes/paper_beads.asp

When my daughter was young, we used to roll them on a toothpick. I
dont remember all the details, but if required gluing. We also did a
project in Brownies using contact paper....yuck. I don't recommend
that method...lol.

Libby

Old September 12th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

My daughter and I made them once too. We cut long, triangular strips and
rolled them on to a toothpick. I can't remember if the strips were wet or
dry when we rolled them. I think then we painted them with a mixture of
elmer's glue and water, like paper mache. It was easy and fun, and if you
use the glossy ads or magazine pages, they come out quite colorful.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old September 20th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sugarcc

I was a Girl Scout leader for 15 years with very active troops.
You can find almost any instructions for everything a Girl Scout would do on
some council's page.
I found this one that might help.
http://guidezone.e-guiding.com/kdpaperb.htm
Good Luck,
BTW... DH is making jewelery, mostly beaded earrings and needs any advice
you may have for selling them.
Thank you for any help.

Recycled Paper Beads Noj Jewelry 2 September 10th 08 01:54 AM
Can I make my own recycled glass beads? [email protected] Beads 4 June 27th 08 07:30 AM
Show & Tell: beads, paper, clay Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 2 June 5th 06 05:31 PM
Show & Tell: beads, paper, clay Barbara Forbes-Lyons Polymer Clay 2 June 5th 06 05:31 PM
Recycled Coke Bottle Beads mehughes Beads 3 October 20th 05 07:43 PM