OT Need a Beauty Tip

Old June 22nd 07, 11:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Default OT Need a Beauty Tip

I am trying to enter all the monthly competitionsmy local Womens
Institute have this year, but am stuck on 'Universal Beauty Tip' as I
don't 'do' beauty.! (My limit is a bit of lippy and a squirt of sun block).

As its 'Universal' I'm sure that someone has a wonderful tip!! The July
talk is by a Beauty Consultant (no doubt trying to sell as well!) hence
the themed competition.

All tips appreciated - thanks.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old June 22nd 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Find a great moisturiser (for yourself, not just the adverts) and *use*
it!
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
I am trying to enter all the monthly competitionsmy local Womens
Institute have this year, but am stuck on 'Universal Beauty Tip' as I
don't 'do' beauty.! (My limit is a bit of lippy and a squirt of sun
block).

As its 'Universal' I'm sure that someone has a wonderful tip!! The July
talk is by a Beauty Consultant (no doubt trying to sell as well!) hence
the themed competition.

All tips appreciated - thanks.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 22nd 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Use pink light bulbs and hide his glasses

Val

Old June 22nd 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I don't quite know if a funny answer would be helpful - maybe this is a
'very serious' area. Naturally, I do have a beauty tip from an elderly aunt
that works great. It was her theory that nobody would notice how old and
ugly your hands were if you wore beautiful rings. She had some rings that
were dazzling. For sure, nobody ever noticed whether she actually had
fingers or not.
Advancing the notion of detracting, I've found that lovely earrings will
massively improve a bad hair day. Somehow, people see the earrings and
don't notice the droopy coiffure. When my arms are bruised (happens now and
then like when I'm attacked by violent twigs when picking blueberries), I
put on my snazzy gold bracelets.
If you get to say more words on the subject, grubby jewelry won't work.
A gentle polishing does wonders. If you wear eyeglasses, have you looked at
them lately? I often wonder how some people can even see through their
lenses. It's hard to think someone's face is beautiful when they've topped
it off with a pair of glasses that look like they've been dipped in flour
and oil and are ready for the frying pan. Polly

Old June 22nd 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Patti wrote:
Find a great moisturiser (for yourself, not just the adverts) and *use* it!
.
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
I am trying to enter all the monthly competitionsmy local Womens
Institute have this year, but am stuck on 'Universal Beauty Tip' as I
don't 'do' beauty.! (My limit is a bit of lippy and a squirt of sun
block).

As its 'Universal' I'm sure that someone has a wonderful tip!! The
July talk is by a Beauty Consultant (no doubt trying to sell as well!)
hence the themed competition.

All tips appreciated - thanks.

Yes Miss!!! (I do actually own some, just don't use it much).

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old June 22nd 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Val wrote:
Use pink light bulbs and hide his glasses

Val

Like it!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old June 22nd 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

"Val" wrote in message
Use pink light bulbs and hide his glasses

Val

I remember Joan Collins saying that rings had to be real because fakes
would stand out a mile on hands, but all other jewellery could be fake.
Personally I'd like it all to be real (wishful thinking!), but rings are
my favourite anyway. With earrings I go for imitation - too easy to lose
good ones.

Cleaning glasses seems a good idea - then the computer screen wouldn't
have a blurred bit in the middle.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old June 22nd 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Sally, one of the classic, but often forgotten, beauty tips is water--
drink at least 8-8 ounce glasses a day to keep hydrated. This helps
skin look better, and also helps you feel better because toxins are more
easily removed. Too often many of us "forget" to drink enough liquids
and we pay in a lot of ways. sigh.

(Now if I can just remember my own advice!!!)
Pati, in hot, dry Phoenix
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Old June 23rd 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

Sally Swindells wrote:
I am trying to enter all the monthly competitionsmy local Womens
Institute have this year, but am stuck on 'Universal Beauty Tip' as I
don't 'do' beauty.! (My limit is a bit of lippy and a squirt of sun block).

As its 'Universal' I'm sure that someone has a wonderful tip!! The July
talk is by a Beauty Consultant (no doubt trying to sell as well!) hence
the themed competition.

All tips appreciated - thanks.- Hide quoted text -

This one isn't suitable for the answer you're looking for, but it
amazed me to
discover how much a little lipstick perks you up. When I was
recovering
from heart surgery, I couldn't believe how many people said, "Oh, you
look like you're feeling much better!" And all I did was put on a
little lipstick.

Sherry

Old June 23rd 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Johanna Gibson

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 23:19:36 +0100, Sally Swindells
wrote:

I remember Joan Collins saying that rings had to be real because fakes
would stand out a mile on hands, but all other jewellery could be fake.
Personally I'd like it all to be real (wishful thinking!), but rings are
my favourite anyway. With earrings I go for imitation - too easy to lose
good ones.

Cleaning glasses seems a good idea - then the computer screen wouldn't
have a blurred bit in the middle.

With my eczema and allergy to nickel (and most other metals!) I
can't speak about stuff like make-up or jewelry, but I cannot speak
highly enough not only moisturising your skin in your morning routine,
but remembering to give it a thorough clean at night as well. For me,
since I cycle home, I use a toner to get the road dirt and the day's
oil off, then use Simple moisturiser. No, they don't pay me in any
way, but that's the only one that doesn't give me a rash (no perfume,
no dye, etc.)
Anyway, people are always saying I have great skin and I don't use
any makeup so it must be the moisturising/cleansing routine.

-- Jo in Scotland

NY Beauty. Sally Swindells Quilting 15 May 29th 07 08:44 AM
ny beauty quilt Pat in Virginia Quilting 7 August 3rd 05 03:16 PM
Welsh Beauty bdiane Quilting 3 February 6th 05 08:22 PM
Beauty is Soft Christina Peterson Beads 2 December 16th 04 01:25 PM