Window treatment and chair fabric staining

Old June 5th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default Window treatment and chair fabric staining

I hope I'm in the right group for my question. I figure sewers know a
lot about fabric. So, I'm wondering why I see staining on my
swags/jabots (off white) and on my white chair. This is a living room
so there is no food. The stain is orange and looks like rust. Would a
fabric rust? The stains are usually linear, meaning they look like a
line rather than a spot. I can't imagine what would cause this so I
don't know how to avoid it. It's been happening for years.

Can anyone help tell me what this is and why I have it and then what
can I do to avoid it.

Thanks,
Myrna

Old June 8th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Cappy wrote:
Can you post a picture or two?

This is not a binary newsgroup, and you can't post pix here.
Old June 8th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

In article ,
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to send
wrote:

Cappy wrote:
Can you post a picture or two?

This is not a binary newsgroup, and you can't post pix here.

They can be posted to Webshots or your own personal web space.

--
I fear me you but warm the starved snake,
Who, cherished in your breasts, will sting your hearts. (Henry VI, Shakespeare)
Old June 8th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

wrote:

Cappy wrote:
Can you post a picture or two?

This is not a binary newsgroup, and you can't post pix here.

They can be posted to Webshots or your own personal web space.

--
I fear me you but warm the starved snake,
Who, cherished in your breasts, will sting your hearts. (Henry VI, Shakespeare)

Good idea but I don't have a digital camera handy. When I do I'll get
the shots and post somewhere.
Myrna

Old June 12th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Myrna wrote:
I hope I'm in the right group for my question. I figure sewers know a
lot about fabric. So, I'm wondering why I see staining on my
swags/jabots (off white) and on my white chair. This is a living room
so there is no food. The stain is orange and looks like rust. Would a
fabric rust? The stains are usually linear, meaning they look like a
line rather than a spot. I can't imagine what would cause this so I
don't know how to avoid it. It's been happening for years.

Can anyone help tell me what this is and why I have it and then what
can I do to avoid it.

Thanks,
Myrna

---
Very peculiar, and impossible to diagnose from afar. My suggestion:
carry a couple of pieces of the stained items to the best local
drycleaner, and query them. Dry cleaning business owners usually have
extensive training in all aspects of fabrics and stains, and 99% of the
time, they won't charge you just for looking at a stained item.
Cea
I'm curious, so please let us know the verdict.