Tia Mary - OK??

Old March 2nd 05, 07:17 PM
John Quinn

Default Tia Mary - OK??

I was wondering if Tia Mary is OK and just off-line for a while or if
something is amiss. I haven't noticed any postings from her since 2/9.
I hope all is well.
John
Old March 2nd 05, 07:37 PM
Jenn Ridley

John Quinn wrote:

I was wondering if Tia Mary is OK and just off-line for a while or if
something is amiss. I haven't noticed any postings from her since 2/9.
I hope all is well.

There was a post from her earlier today.

Anyway, she's in LizardLand with DD and DD's family; and has limited
access.

Old March 2nd 05, 10:11 PM
Tia Mary

John Quinn Mar 2, 11:17 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
From: John Quinn - Find messages by this author
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:17:24 GMT
Subject: Tia Mary - OK??
original | Report Abuse

I was wondering if Tia Mary is OK and just off-line for a while or if
something is amiss. I haven't noticed any postings from her since 2/9.

I hope all is well.

Howdy Do -- as others have posted, I am still here just **very** busy
AND very tired AND in Lizard Land!! I have been here helping DD care
for the SMDGD and my VDSonIL. I schelpp him back & forth to therapy 3
times a week, pick the Screechasaurus up from day care every afternoon,
help around the house, etc.
I got here on a Tuesday and that Saturday we had the Wedding
Reception for my niece who was married in CA last Oct. DSis lives in
Austin, TX &everything had to be planned by phone, etc. DD did the
catering for about 75 people so you can imagine what my first week here
was like -- LOL! Friday night was a coctail party hosted by one of
DSis's friends and Sunday was Brunch hosted by another friend.
Come MOnday evening, we had dinner out with my DSis and when we were
leaving, DSonIL fell off his chair, the baby got sick and THEN started
to go downhill! I got whatever the kiddo had and it got into my lungs,
my asthma went bonkers and I finally went to the Urgent Care facility
this past Saturday! After antibiotics, prednizone & narcotic
antitussive, I am finally feeling human. The baby was well within 2
days -- of course -- LOLOL!!
Needless to say, I have limited time on the 'puter and have to post
using Google which ain't all that bad but does take some getting used
to :-). I go home tomorrow but don't expect to see a lot of me. DH
and I leave for a week on the "Redneck Riviera" locally known as
Destin, FL :-). This is a thank you from Janet and her family for the
help we gave Janet last year when she had the fire. I am NOT happy
about leaving the warmth of Lizard Land for the warmth of FL.
Actually, I am praying for rain most of the time we are there -- LOLOL!
I can *always* shop in the rain and I DO NOT sit in the sun and bake
myself not that I am about 2/3 of the way towards joining the Handbag
Brigade as my DSonIL tells me!! I can manage to produce enough
wrinkles on my own -- I don't need no stinkin' sunshine to help me out
:-))))! CiaoMeow ^;;^
PAX, Tia Mary

Old March 2nd 05, 10:52 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Tia Mary wrote:
Howdy Do -- as others have posted, I am still here just **very** busy
AND very tired AND in Lizard Land!! [snipped]

Sounds to me like you need more than a vacation. Sounds to me like you
need: a HUGE hug! :-) Bless your heart. Hang in there.
Dianne

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old March 3rd 05, 05:00 PM
John Quinn

Glad to hear you are doing OK and "just busy", I hope you and all of
yours are now feeling better. I was under the impression that the
"Redneck Riviera" was the Gulf coast of Alabama. Is Destin Fla. near
there?
John

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Old March 4th 05, 01:47 PM
Tia Mary

I was under the impression that the
"Redneck Riviera" was the Gulf coast of Alabama. Is Destin Fla. near
there?

Destin is not too far from Pensacola, FL on the panhandle. I think
that's probably close enough to the Alabama Gulf coast to qualify :-).
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
their WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old March 4th 05, 03:33 PM
JiminyCricket

Seriously though, we're contemplating other places to vacation (other than
w/ family back home or at Disney World) and Gulf Shores and Destin are on
our list...
What's it like? We've heard and read things, seen stuff on tv... but what's
a "real" person's view?

ups.com...

Old March 4th 05, 05:29 PM
John Quinn

My In-Laws snowbird in Orange Beach AL and we visit them there. Dec-
early March The weather has been nice 60's-70's. Good for walking on
the beach not so good for swimming in the Gulf. I've been to Gulf
Shores in July and it can be hot, good for hitting the beach but make
sure you have AC available. Weekly rentals begin Sat. afternoon so in
the high season traffic is slow getting to the beach. I enjoy going
there (Gulf shores and Orange beach are next to each other) We tend to
stay on the beach in the summer with few excursions. In the winter when
we go we will spend a few days touring about the general area. If you
like shrimp you need to buy it fresh from Captain Billy's.
John

JiminyCricket wrote:

Seriously though, we're contemplating other places to vacation (other than
w/ family back home or at Disney World) and Gulf Shores and Destin are on
our list...
What's it like? We've heard and read things, seen stuff on tv... but what's
a "real" person's view?

oups.com...

Old March 4th 05, 09:40 PM
Skyhooks

I used to go to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach every year for the Holiday
Season to visit family. I even lived in Baldwin County (Point Clear and
Magnolia Springs) in the late 1970s.

Gulf Shores is wonderful during the Holiday Season. As John mentioned,
the weather is usually 60s-70s during that time. But, it can also be
40s & 50s, depending on Mother Nature, of course.

However, I seriously doubt if Gulf Shores and the vicinity have yet to
fully recover and recuperate from the horrible hurricane season last
year. I know the beach house in Orange Beach was completely destroyed
where I spent much time in my youth, including the pilings I believe.

Summer season is brutal! Think 80+% humidity with temps in the
mid-90s+ -- in other words, a sauna!

Another good place for fresh seafood is Billy's Seafood in Bon Secour
http://www.billys-seafood.com/market.htm, which isn't too far from
Gulf Shores. The shrimp trawlers are everywhere around this place

I believe the term "Redneck Riviera" was coined in the 1970s when Ken
Stabler was a professional football player (for houston oilers????), but
I'm not absolutely sure. Ken Stabler was from the Foley/Gulf Shores
area. To me, the Redneck Riviera encompasses the panhandle of Florida
and Alabama (east of Mobile Bay, only). It does not include
Mississippi.

Skyhooks, who had shrimp (15-20 ct) from Billy's Seafood just last
night!
h m a r d i s "a h t" u i u c "d a u g h t" e d u

JiminyCricket wrote:

Seriously though, we're contemplating other places to vacation (other than
w/ family back home or at Disney World) and Gulf Shores and Destin are on
our list...
What's it like? We've heard and read things, seen stuff on tv... but what's
a "real" person's view?

oups.com...