I took the plunge! (not OT)

Old November 25th 03, 07:56 PM

Default I took the plunge! (not OT)

I've always stitched on Aida. I have finally taken the plunge and
stitched a project on evenweave. I stitched the Good Huswife's "Merry
Christmas" in DMC's varigated read (#157 I think!)on 28 ct antique
white Jobelan. And I'm stitching the Good Huswife's "Live Simply" in
a Needle Necessitie overdye (a lavender/blue/green combo) on the same
kind of material. It gets a little difficult to see at night when I'm
tired, but the first project came out really nice and the second will
be gorgeous when I finish! And I've got more projects to do on
evenweave...I think the next time I try one, it will be on Monaco (the
holes look a little easier to see!)
Lisa
Old November 25th 03, 08:25 PM
Caryn

I've got more projects to do on
evenweave...I think the next time I try one, it will be on Monaco (the
holes look a little easier to see!)
Lisa

Lisa,

I don't care for the Monaco, refer Lugana.

Monaco is woven a titch more tightly, and the friction on the floss as I stitch
bugs me. It's bad enough that I'm down to using Thread Heaven on the DMC floss
on the one project I have going now that is on Monaco.

JMHO,
Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old November 25th 03, 08:53 PM
Ellice

On 11/25/03 2:56 "
posted:

I've always stitched on Aida. I have finally taken the plunge and
stitched a project on evenweave. I stitched the Good Huswife's "Merry
Christmas" in DMC's varigated read (#157 I think!)on 28 ct antique
white Jobelan. And I'm stitching the Good Huswife's "Live Simply" in
a Needle Necessitie overdye (a lavender/blue/green combo) on the same
kind of material. It gets a little difficult to see at night when I'm
tired, but the first project came out really nice and the second will
be gorgeous when I finish! And I've got more projects to do on

Great! Those are really nice designs, and I'm sure they're beautiful. If you
haven't used a magnifier, give it a try. Especially at night - even those
little minimal magnification readers, say 1.25 will help enough that the
counting over 2 is really eased.

evenweave...I think the next time I try one, it will be on Monaco (the
holes look a little easier to see!)

You might try Lugana instead of the Monaco. It has a nice feel to it, and
the holes are pretty easily spotted, open. You might be ready to move right
to Cashel - 28 ct Linen. The threads are irregular, but the holes are
visible.

Glad you've successfually made the plunge.
ellice