accu-flex versus softflex

Old May 12th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default accu-flex versus softflex

i've been using accu-flex which i love, but found a website that has
almost everything else I need at a lower cost and free shipping. they
do NOT have accu-flex - they do however have softflex.

Is Soft-Flex a high quality brand equivalent to Accu-Flex?

Thanks.
Old May 13th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling

Meteor,

I'd have to say that they are very very similar. I don't see any differences in the two brands, but
I've never used Soft-Flex so I don't have an actual comparison to give you. I do know that
Accu-Flex has a wider assortment of colors, where as Soft-Flex is very limited with their colors.

I did a Google search and found where someone polled the two wires:
http://www.bloglander.com/jewelrymak...ng-wire-usage/

and I am sure you could find some more sites that give even more comparisons, but all in all I think
they are pretty much the same. Buy what you can afford and if you find a better price in the other
brand, then go for it!!

Sterling

Old May 13th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

I did a Google search and found where someone polled the two wires:http://www.bloglander.com/jewelrymak...-beading-wire-...

wrote in message

i've been using accu-flex which i love, but found a website that has
almost everything else I need at a lower cost and free shipping. they
do NOT have accu-flex - they do however have softflex.

Is Soft-Flex a high quality brand equivalent to Accu-Flex?

Thanks.

Thank you. That was what I needed to know. I appreciate it.

Merry + Bright,

Meteor
Old May 14th 08, 08:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

wrote in message

i've been using accu-flex which i love, but found a website that has
almost everything else I need at a lower cost and free shipping. they
do NOT have accu-flex - they do however have softflex.

Is Soft-Flex a high quality brand equivalent to Accu-Flex?

Thanks.

Thank you. That was what I needed to know. I appreciate it.

Merry + Bright,

Meteor

There's something similar in name, acculon, that one of my suppliers
describes as "the cheap stuff" (well, my take on their words). I'll
stick
with SoftFlex.

(BTW, I think I figured out what prevented me from posting last night
-
and I actually sat down in front of the computer to update the blog)

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Old May 14th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
LaurieB[_3_]

Name brand wire is like name brand milk. If there's a difference
beyond price, I can't tell it! I use .019, 49 strand for nearly
everything, and the brand doesn't seem to an effect on the outcome of
my project.

When I was teaching basic jewelry making, I recommended that students
buy several brands, several weights, and used them until they find
they have a preference, or find that they don't.

When you don't care, then it's easier, because you can buy what's
available!
Old May 15th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

All I use is SoftFlex and have done so for years....

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

wrote:
i've been using accu-flex which i love, but found a website that has
almost everything else I need at a lower cost and free shipping. they
do NOT have accu-flex - they do however have softflex.

Is Soft-Flex a high quality brand equivalent to Accu-Flex?

Thanks.

anyone tried *silver* softflex?? Susan in VA Beads 5 August 18th 05 06:27 PM
SoftFlex Question Karen Chan Beads 6 March 30th 04 05:17 AM
noob needs help controlling softflex gabrielle Beads 5 December 24th 03 08:14 PM
Maple leaf versus oak leaf versus elm, others? QuiltShopHopper Quilting 11 September 21st 03 04:18 PM
cutting softflex LiisaAnn Beads 1 July 8th 03 08:42 PM