Attaching Foam Rubber Visor?

Old June 3rd 04, 03:16 AM
rickymix

Default Attaching Foam Rubber Visor?

Hi y'all!
I'm trying to figure out how to attach a foam rubber visor onto a
garment and was hoping someone here might have some good ideas. The
problem with sewing into the foam rubber is that the thread quickly
tears through the material. Hard plastic visors won't work.
I think I need some type of grommets or snaps that can be sewed
into. I found something from Dritz but it's not deep enough to go
through the 3/16th" thick foam rubber. Any ideas?
Thanks for sharing your expertise,
Rick Novak.
Old June 3rd 04, 07:00 AM
Atom1

Go to Seattle Fabrics or www.textilefabrics.com or Rainshed fabrics they
have outerwear findings that should be of use to you.
Michelle
Italy
You'll have to google the two without WWW addys

Old June 15th 04, 07:34 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

Why a foam rubber visor? What will the garment be used for? I am in the
process of making a dozen mock majorette/drummer costumes for a dance
recital. I have just used a heavy fusible interfacing to stiffen the fabric
of the visor before sewing it to the rest of the hat. It has worked very
well so far. I may or may not starch them as well (there being no hat
sizing available in town - in fact, the starch is only available through the
dry cleaners now!).
Cynthia

Old July 10th 04, 10:11 AM
rickymix

"Cynthia Spilsted" wrote in message ...
Why a foam rubber visor? What will the garment be used for?

Thanks Cynthia,
The garment is for use in the water; therefore the need for the
rubber visor.
I finally found some plastic snap grommets intended for
sheet-rock use which actually are working great.
Thanks all for the help, Rick.