scissors

Old February 21st 04, 04:31 AM
vashti

Default scissors

am looking for a good place to mail order scissors and tools to sharpen
scissors. any ideas?

Old February 21st 04, 05:26 AM
Polly Esther

Just one idea. I depend on Gingher scissors. Ordered one pair from Martha
Pullen, Sew Beautiful website. I didn't like them; they just didn't seem to
be up to the excellence I expect from Gingher. Martha's group replaced them
immediately and with no questions. Can't beat that. Absolutely can not. And
when you've just used them to pieces (not to mention DH cutting screen wire
to replace the back door with them), Gingher will replace them or restore
them to their original wonder.
If you're not in a major hurry, you can ask for their catalog and order
them by mail. The catalog gives you a 20% discount. The code for In My
Humble Opinion does not apply here. My mind is made up. Probably. Polly

news

Old February 21st 04, 07:58 AM
Kate T.

Have you looked in your area for Tool Sharpening businesses. A few years
ago a friend of mine would gather up all her scissors and anything that
needed to be sharpened and take them to a sharpening service.

I got a new phone book today and looked in there to see if those kind of
businesses were still around and sure enough, there are a few.
Do you know of anyone that makes knives for living or hobby, they might
sharpen your scissors for you.

Kate T.
South Mississippi

news

Old February 21st 04, 03:12 PM
Derek Hartmann

Yes, it is true that Gingher does not have the same quality of scissors that
they use to have in the industry. Gingher gets the scissors from Italy and
Mexico. Once they bring these tools in, they do go back and rework the
edges. There is a US manufacture of scissors that produces the highest
quality of tools in today's market and most individuals are not aware of
this because of the lack of marketing that this company does. I do sell
these tools and I also service them as well. Our website is
http://www.specialtyshears.com I will have a dedicated page titled
Quilting, Needlepoint, Sewn Products in the very near future. As far as
sharpening in concern, you need to be very careful when selecting this
service. Most sharpening business will sharpen anything from knives to lawn
mower blades. Sharpening scissors and shears takes a special art. We are
trained to provide this service. Our training came directly from the
manufacture that we represent and we return each year to hone our skills.
If you contact Jill she can bring you up to date
on one of our tools that she is testing for us and tell you about our great
prices.

Derek
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
link.net...
Just one idea. I depend on Gingher scissors. Ordered one pair from Martha
Pullen, Sew Beautiful website. I didn't like them; they just didn't seem

be up to the excellence I expect from Gingher. Martha's group replaced

them
immediately and with no questions. Can't beat that. Absolutely can not.

And
when you've just used them to pieces (not to mention DH cutting screen

wire
to replace the back door with them), Gingher will replace them or restore
them to their original wonder.
If you're not in a major hurry, you can ask for their catalog and

order
them by mail. The catalog gives you a 20% discount. The code for In My
Humble Opinion does not apply here. My mind is made up. Probably. Polly

"vashti" wrote in message
news
am looking for a good place to mail order scissors and tools to sharpen
scissors. any ideas?

Scissors and Air Travel Derek Hartmann Quilting 0 February 13th 04 08:36 PM
"G"-Rated Scissors Arondelle Beads 5 February 10th 04 08:46 PM
February Scissors and Shears Promotion Derek Hartmann Marketplace 0 February 7th 04 03:44 PM
February Scissors and Shears Promotion Derek Hartmann Marketplace 0 February 7th 04 03:42 PM
scissors sharpening services SandySmth Quilting 6 July 19th 03 01:03 PM