Crafters Needed

Old June 15th 04, 07:16 PM
Kevin Sawyer, General Manager

Default Crafters Needed

We are hand-picking American crafters (USA only please) who are willing and
able to produce and ship their quality crafts in the USA. We are *not*
looking for mass-production factories that crank out useless trinkets and
widgets. If so, we'd just import from China and Taiwan. Instead we want
only genuine, top-quality handcrafted items made right here in the USA.
Here's how it works:

+ If you haven't already, make samples of your handcrafted items.
+ Take quality pictures of them.
+ Send us the pictures (mail, e-mail, or post online and e-mail the URL).
+ Send us a brief narrative about yourself, your crafts and your commitment
to quality.

If we are interested in you and your crafts, we will follow up via e-mail
and/or phone call so that we can get to know you better. If you are
selected, then here's how it works:

+ We negotiate wholesale prices (what we'll pay you for your crafts).
+ We gather required information (turnaround time, photos, descriptions,
dimensions, weight).
+ We add your crafts to our website(s) and promote sales.
+ We process secure retail orders from our customers.
+ We immediately forward a copy of the order to you including our official
invoice to be shipped with the product.
+ You fulfill the orders (pack and ship with our invoice/label).
+ We pay you immediately (wire transfer) upon shipping confirmation.

The idea here is that you get to do what you do best -- quality crafts --
and we get to do what we do best -- online promotion, sales, order
processing and related customer service. The only "business activities" you
perform is checking for orders (daily) then packing and shipping. We can
help you obtain the appropriate shipping materials. In some cases we may
even provide them. There will be no paperwork to do except for printing our
final invoice and the shipping label. Depending upon our relationship we
may even decide to provide you with the resources required to generate the
invoices and labels. We might even provide you with an entire PC, printer,
and internet connection. We may even be willing to pre-pay for your crafts.
These benefits are all negotiable once our relationship has been
established. We'll do whatever it takes to ensure that 99% of your time is
spent working on your crafts.

There's no catch. It's this simple. As long as you produce quality items
and ship them in an acceptable time frame, we'll live happily ever after.
You have absolutely nothing to lose. We both have everything to gain from
doing what we are supposed to do and anything else we can think of to help
each other. If either of us are less than satisfied for any reason, we
simply terminate the relationship.

Please respond via e-mail and include your preferred e-mail address, phone
number, best time to call you, and any information you are willing to
provide about your crafts. Please reply to "Quality Crafts at MetroEast dot
Net" (remove the quotes and spaces and replace words with the appropriate
characters -- we've listed it this way to make it harder for spammers to
pick up our address here in the newsgroups).

All aspects are open for discussion and therefore your thoughts and comments
are always appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kevin Sawyer, General Manager
American Crafts Direct * Handcrafts Direct * USA Crafts Direct

PS - Feel free to forward this message to other crafters.

Old June 16th 04, 06:56 AM
Kevin Sawyer, General Manager

Please forgive the mistype. The e-mail address is "Crafts Direct at Metro
East dot Net" not "Quality Crafts at Metro East dot Net" as previously
specified (although that address has now been created...so both are
functional at this time).

We have been providing Internet services, hosting, and consulting since 1995
and presently host over 100 e-commerce sites. We are involved in several
joint-ventures that help companies and individuals bring their products and
services to the web. I would be happy to provide more details in a private
forum.

I have a few close friends and relatives who are craftspersons and who have
tried to sell their crafts on the Internet with little or no success. They
can not afford to pay someone to develop a site/store nor can they afford to
pay someone to promote it. After much discussion it was my idea to leverage
knowledge and experience to promote and sell their crafts online in a manner
that is mutually beneficial in the purest sense (all parties have natural
incentives to perform as expected and no one wins unless all participate as
agreed). However, I'm not interested in selling junk or trying to sell
crafts of inconsistent quality. I will dedicate the resources (servers,
bandwidth, programming, merchant accounts, payment processing, customer
service before/after the sale, etc.) only after I have found enough
craftspersons who are willing and able to perform as expected. I intend to
have close relationships with each craftsperson and help them in every way
possible so that they can focus on their crafts. They are welcome to set
their wholesale prices after which I will determine what I feel is a fair
retail markup. If we don't both make money, we'll both lose. It's that
simple.

Please e-mail me directly and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may
have.

Thanks, and sorry again for posting an incorrect e-mail address.

Kevin Sawyer, General Manager
American Crafts Direct * Handcrafts Direct * USA Crafts Direct

PS - You won't find anything in Google until we are up and running. If
you'd like to know a little more about me and one of my Internet-related
companies, check out http://www.apci.net.

"Kevin Sawyer, General Manager" Crafts Direct at MetroEast dot Net wrote
in message ...