Yarn Shops in Munich, Germany

Old September 12th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
tmguchi

Default Yarn Shops in Munich, Germany

Hi Everyone,
My wife is leaving for Munich, Germany today and asked me to find good
yarn shops to visit while there. Does anyone have any recommendations?

TIA,
tmo

Old September 13th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

tmguchi wrote:
Hi Everyone,
My wife is leaving for Munich, Germany today and asked me to find good
yarn shops to visit while there. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Oh, I wish I was going with her! I haven't been to Munich, but if she
can find a yarn shop she will get fabulous yarn there. I bought some in
Dusseldorf, and it was much cheaper than on this side of the Atlantic.
Sorry I wasn't more help.

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 13th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
tmguchi

Thanks for the reply. As a non-knitter, I was surprised to hear that
yarn is much cheaper in Europe. I found some the name of a couple of
larger chains that carry yarn but if anyone knows of any good shops in
central Munich it would be appreicated.

-tmo

Old September 13th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Amber

Katherine wrote:

Oh, I wish I was going with her! I haven't been to Munich, but if she
can find a yarn shop she will get fabulous yarn there. I bought some in
Dusseldorf, and it was much cheaper than on this side of the Atlantic.
Sorry I wasn't more help.

Higs,
Katherine

WHERE in Düsseldorf did you find yarn? I was there in July but didn't
find any

Amber

Old September 13th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Amber wrote:
Katherine wrote:

Oh, I wish I was going with her! I haven't been to Munich, but if she
can find a yarn shop she will get fabulous yarn there. I bought some in
Dusseldorf, and it was much cheaper than on this side of the Atlantic.
Sorry I wasn't more help.

Higs,
Katherine

WHERE in Düsseldorf did you find yarn? I was there in July but didn't
find any

It was a lovely little shop almost directly across from the hotel we
stayed in. Now, we might not have been right IN Dusseldorf, but we flew
there, and stayed at the Best Western. I don't remember the name of the
store, but when I got there, I immediately regretted all the money I
had spent on other things - including food. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 14th 06, 09:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
edna

This might help

http://www.woolworks.org/stores/germany.html

ps.com...

Old September 14th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
tmguchi

HI Edna,
Thanks for the link. I did fnid that site but it didn't seem to list an
shops in Munich. Amazingly enough, Google Maps found several locations
very close to my wife's hotel.

-Tmo

Old September 15th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

tmguchi wrote:
Hi Everyone,
My wife is leaving for Munich, Germany today and asked me to find good
yarn shops to visit while there. Does anyone have any recommendations?

TIA,
tmo

I posted a query in another group and got this:

Here are shops recommended to me in Munich, Germany:
Rundum Tee und Wolle (0 89) 74 94 95 78
Drygalski-Allee 117 | 81477 München

Wir wollen Euch GmbH (0 89) 49 05 97 17
Grafinger Str. 6 | 81671 München

Woll-Wichtl (0 89) 6 11 22 53
Hofmarkweg 4 | 82008 Unterhaching

Wolle & Schönes (0 89) 4 30 87 44
Phantasiestr. 2 | 81827 München

The info is dated 30 May 2005 at:
http://www.crochetville.org/forum/ar...hp/t-6225.html

YOur help needed please Norma Yarn 13 March 10th 06 10:19 PM
A question about yarn ~ Vivia Yarn 11 January 13th 05 01:42 AM
Michaels v. local yarn stores Islands Yarn 56 December 24th 04 04:24 AM
Yarn, but not knitting yarn Elizabeth Naime Yarn 0 August 29th 04 08:00 AM
New Yarn - Bernat Lu Lu Make Up Yarn 6 July 29th 03 09:16 AM