chemo caps

Old August 28th 03, 03:16 AM
C Lee

Default chemo caps

I have not been on here in some time... I've been out of commission with a
broken wrist. I'll be in a cast for a couple more months but wanted to post
this for anyone interested in helping out -

Please forgive me for the OT message. I am on another list for people with
Fibromyalgia. It also has a website that is supportive for anyone with
fibro. The "Mom" for this cause is not only a fibro sufferer but is in the
hospital undergoing chemo for cancer. I'm putting info below from an email
and hope some kind souls here might possibly knit a cap or two for Donna. I
would knit one for her but I still have this danged cast on my wrist. It
won't be off until the end of Oct and as soon as I'm able to handle the
needles I intend to make her a cap first off.

I asked permission from Becky to post it to some knitting groups I'm in and
she also added the following -

If people are interested is sending these, please have them send to me so I
can make up a large basket/box for her to send to hospital
My address is:
Becky Schluter 1006 Karen Lane Moscow, Idaho 83843

Announcement: Fibrohugs/Cancerhugs "Shower" for Donna

Hi all!! I wanted everyone to know that I talked to Donna last week
regarding the chemo treatments that she has been through. She told me that
the most devastating thing she has been going through is the loss of her
hair. Like she said, it is the identity that we have as women. She says it
is a little over-whelming to look at herself in the mirror. She said that
her son Mike tells her to cover her head LOL

Here is what I would like to do. I asked Donna to look at some websites
that I found for head scarves etc. She was so excited. She said they were
beautiful, and it would make her feel better about herself as a person.

I would like to have a "shower" for donna to purchase her some scarves. If
you are interested in participating in this, you can send money to help with
these purchases through PayPal. The account you would send it through is
the . If you do this, in the description, please
put "Donna's shower". Even a dollar or two would help immensely!