knitting two sleeves on one circular needle

Old June 28th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
daylily

Default knitting two sleeves on one circular needle

Was there an article? A friend whjo is a patchworker saw it at the meeting
and the lady sais she got the article on the net. I can copy it for our
own handcraft group.

-------------------------------------
Sonas

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.yarn - 24284 messages and counting!
Old June 28th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

In the years that i still knitted With seam =flat parts of sweaters
which i than joined by sewing , i ALWAYS knitted 2 sleeves on a pair
of needles.. But ever since i started knitting 1 piece [no seams] in
the round sweaters i do each sleeve separately on it`s own circular ,
and end it with dps.
Try and look at posts that show Knitting 2 socks on one circular , i
think they show also how to knit 2 sleeves on one
Does your friend knit in the round ???
mirjam
Old June 28th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_3_]

I'm sure there are instructions all over the internet for knitting two socks
on one circular. (I know they're somewhere, because I've followed them to do
it.)
Sleeves are just tube socks without toes!

Georgia
www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm

om...

Old July 1st 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_3_]

....but I LIKE heels and toes on my sleeves!

Or maybe I should start knitting stockings with pants attached???

"Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...

Old July 1st 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jul 1, 4:40*am, "Mystified One" wrote:
...but I LIKE heels and toes on my sleeves!

Or maybe I should start knitting stockings with pants attached???

Aha when the children were small i did that ,,,
mirjam
Old July 1st 08, 06:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

Georgia wrote:
I'm sure there are instructions all over the internet for
knitting two socks on one circular. (I know they're somewhere,
because I've followed them to do it.)
Sleeves are just tube socks without toes!

Or heels.

...but I LIKE heels and toes on my sleeves!

Shaped elbows, now there's the new shape trend for next winter!
They already have sleeves long enough to cover your hands,
just add the mittens with the buttoned-on finger covers.
You heard it here first!

Or maybe I should start knitting stockings with pants attached???

There are some of those from the eighteenth century in a museum
in Germany.

=Tamar

Old July 1st 08, 09:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Mystified One" wrote in message
...but I LIKE heels and toes on my sleeves!

A recent fashion is to have holes towards the bottom of sleeves in garments
like hoodies so that the thumb can be slipped through and the cuff cover the
hand.

Heels and toes - well, fingers - on sleeves make some sense for some
garments :-)

Or maybe I should start knitting stockings with pants attached???

Long johns!

Mary

Old July 1st 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jul 1, 11:31*am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Mystified One" wrote in message

...but I LIKE heels and toes on my sleeves!

A recent fashion is to have holes towards the bottom of sleeves in garments
like hoodies so that the thumb can be slipped through and the cuff cover the
hand.

Heels and toes - well, fingers - on sleeves make some sense for some
garments :-)

Or maybe I should start knitting stockings with pants attached???

Long johns!

Mary

Long Johns don`t neccesarliy have sock =toe parts on them , they DO
have a combined Shirt +pants part , which made going to the toilet
Cold , hence Sailors` long john had a back `Window ` , one could
unbotton fold down and ,,,,,,
mirjam