New Makower fabric

Old February 16th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Default New Makower fabric

I've just got back from a local quilt show (at Woodbridge Community
Centre in case anyone local wants to go). Quite a small show, but some
lovely quilts.

The three most local shops had stands, and one had the new Makower Ombre
Texture

http://tinyurl.com/2ff3x5

Its gorgeous and I think will be really useful as it goes from a dark to
light across the fabric, but it also has a texture in the print. Wasn't
silly-expensive either, infact the stallholder said he expects it to fly
out the door. Some more will probably fly to me, though I did stock up
with the shades I knew I had a home for. All now in the machine having a
good wash.

DH came too - he enjoys looking at quilts, but is very critical if the
points are off!

He learned about Stitch in the Ditch today - there was a gorgeous Lone
Star in different blues, but it was ruined by wobbly stitch-in-the-ditch
quilting coming towards the centre point done in a lighter shade than
the fabric providing the ditch. Such a pity, and the maker must have
noticed it - it was so obvious.

There was a fabulous sampler quilt done in all pale batics, with a pale
yellow and blue batic sashing - so pretty, but our vote went to a
perfect quilt with alternating cathedral windows blocks and the block
that is used in the cats entwined tails quilts (just the tail part, I
don't know its name. When I grow up I want to be able to hand-quilt like
her, every stitch was perfectly even.

Also found a good scappy pattern - I will try and replicate it in EQ6
sometime. It was basically a 4" square with matching 1" strips on each
end, and then a dark fabric put right across each of the long sides. The
blocks were rotated 90degrees and the dark fabric ended up looking like
sashing. She had quilted a simple flower head in each square.

Have taken lots of photos as memory joggers.

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old February 16th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

They are lovely Sally, I must look out for them!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old February 16th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

How fun for you, Sally.
You say we have..er .. that is.. you have new Makower fabric?
Wonderful! ;-

Yes, please, we want to see the pictures, too.

Cheers!
R/Sandy