need suggestions

Old February 16th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Default need suggestions

Jaquiline, do not try to do a rolled edge on this kind of fleece.
Especially with one of the machine attachments/feet. It won't work worth
a darn.
I have done a lot of these blankets, and you don't even need to do much
besides trim the edges. G If you want you can stitch around the
edge, perhaps turn a bit under and stitch, but that is all. If you had a
serger you could use that to finish the edges, but often scarves and
such are just trimmed, sometimes with a scallop or pinked shears/rotary
blade, and go. You can also cut fringe on the ends if you really want to.
I have done hand blanket stitch with perle cotton around the edges of
some, and some I have used as is. The stuff won't ravel or fray or run.

Pati, in Phx, who did 4 U of AZ panels at Christmas for my sister's
family. G

Jacqueline wrote:

I bought this fleece fabric, similar to this http://tinyurl.com/2kebm3
I had planned on making this for my nephew by taking flannel and
making a backing for it but my sister says he would rather have it as
is with the edges finished, so he can use it as a wall hanging. Yes,
I know I live in KY and most Kentuckians are die heart Wildcat fans,
but not my nephew, he is crazy on the NC tarheels and has been since
he was in about the 8th grade. Anyway what would be the best way to
put a finishing edge on this fleece. First it is very stretchy, I
have thought of, this is if I knew how but I am sure I can read and
learn to do a rolled hem on it and then I have thought about just
doing a regular hem since he is going to use it as a wall hanging or
we think he will.

I know you are experts at this kind of thing and any suggestions are
appreciated. I do have the pressure foot for a rolled hem, will just
have to learn how to do it.

Thank you in advance and I welcome all suggestions but I do need to
get started cause his birthday is Feb. 23.

Jacqueline in KY
Jacqueline in Kentucky, USA
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
just recipes but will be quilts soon I hope.

to reply leave out the nopam in

need suggestions Musicmaker Quilting 0 February 15th 07 02:02 PM
Need name tag suggestions Louise Quilting 12 October 20th 06 06:26 PM
suggestions... Kellie J. Berger Quilting 9 April 25th 05 10:35 PM
What to do ? Any suggestions welcome. maltesion Quilting 24 March 22nd 05 06:14 PM
Suggestions? Sk8eraunt Quilting 95 March 3rd 04 12:08 PM