wedgies

Old July 27th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
garysoudyglass

Default wedgies

Moonraker wrote:
"garysoudyglass" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ron Parker wrote:
On 23 Jul 2006 10:29:35 -0700, wrote:

this site is a place where questions should be asked and answered...
if not here, then where...??

Oh dear, there you go calling it a site. At least it's not a "board" or

"room."

Now you've gone and ****ed off all the old-timers.

I'm not an old timer, but I think this is properly termed a 'group'.
From what I can tell it degenerated in its purpose, which is to provide

a gathering place for sycophants of an individual styled 'Javahut' to
genuflect and insult anyone who hasn't been ordained. But the group has
been around for years, apparently. Looks like its greatest
participation was pre-2000.

Funny thing. Most of those pre-2000 posters aren't posting on any of the
other web-based forums. Maybe they acquired other interests? One of them
is probably institutionalized....Eh, Mikey?

BTW, Gary....personally speaking, I don't genuflect to "anyone". The
individual 'Javahut' that you disparage has forgotten more about the art and
craft of stained glass than you will ever learn. And knowing him as well as
I do, on a personal level, he could give a **** less what you or anyone
else thinks. He is a nationally reknown authority on antique lamps and
windows. He has done new windows that you could only do in your wildest
dreams. I think you owe him an apology.

As far as asking and answering questions are concerned...people who have a
legitimate question generally always get several reasonable answers from
people who actually DO glass for a living. Where threads devolve into
flame wars is usually when some self-serving nitwit begins to advocate
owning a wet belt sander instead of a grinder or insisting that no-longer
available soldering tips are the only way one can be a professional artisan.

And then, there is one dimwit who claims to have once owned a glass studio
and is now apparently resuming the craft after a 20 year hiatus. Asking
questions that someone in their third week of a beginner's class would know
the answer to. Repeatedly. And always "taking", never giving back. And
then criticizing the replies that are offered, and/or the tone of the person
who took time to give an answer.

So, if you don't like the way things are....don't let the door hit you on
the way out. Or offer something besides criticism.

I want to be Javahut's biatch too. Dennis Brady is a nitwit. Bead
makers are nitwits. Javahut is da Cocker Spaniel ****.

Old July 27th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"garysoudyglass" wrote in message
oups.com...

I want to be Javahut's biatch too. Dennis Brady is a nitwit. Bead
makers are nitwits. Javahut is da Cocker Spaniel ****.

That's a good start.

What kind of motorcycle do you ride?

Old July 27th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
JK@work

Default was wedgies now; Newsgroups

These usenet places tend to become little clubs dominated by the ones
that participate. Friendships and wars happen all the time. Check out the
techie, political and religion places... you can't believe how nasty it
gets. Sure questions are asked and answered, but no one has to do anything
if they don't want to. Newsgroups are also resided by trolls and crusty old
know it alls. Lots of info can be gleaned if you're smart enough to pick
your spots. If you ask 10 questions a week, you're gong to get kicked around
a bit just by the sheer nature of peope getting annoyed that you don't use
Google. Please don't get defensive, just ignore or killfile those you don't
want to read. This is a very valuable resource for all of us.

--
JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com

Old July 27th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"JK@work" wrote in message
This is a very valuable resource for all of us.

--
JK Sinrod

True.

Otherwise how would you ever have known about 900*F Weller Tips and what an
incomptent slow-assed, bad-soldering artisan you are? :)

Old July 27th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
JK@work

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..

"JK@work" wrote in message
This is a very valuable resource for all of us.

--
JK Sinrod

True.

Otherwise how would you ever have known about 900*F Weller Tips and what

an
incomptent slow-assed, bad-soldering artisan you are? :)

Ouch burned again. Damned slow 700*F hobby tips.

Old July 27th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
garysoudyglass

Moonraker wrote:
"garysoudyglass" wrote in message
oups.com...

I want to be Javahut's biatch too. Dennis Brady is a nitwit. Bead
makers are nitwits. Javahut is da Cocker Spaniel ****.

That's a good start.

What kind of motorcycle do you ride?

I ride no motocycle at this time. I must obtain a motocycle for riding.
But I don't know which kind to obtain, and then ride, to be Javahut
kind-of-guy.

Old July 27th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

Moonraker wrote:
"garysoudyglass" wrote in message
oups.com...

I want to be Javahut's biatch too. Dennis Brady is a nitwit. Bead
makers are nitwits. Javahut is da Cocker Spaniel ****.

That's a good start.

What kind of motorcycle do you ride?

I ride no motocycle at this time. I must obtain a motocycle for riding.
But I don't know which kind to obtain, and then ride, to be Javahut
kind-of-guy.

Get back to us when you get your training wheels off.