My 5-1/2 day quilt

Old December 25th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default My 5-1/2 day quilt

Karen, a friend of Susan (my dog trainer and friend), had a mastectomy
and is starting chemo on Wednesday. I wanted to make her a quilt for
warmth while she receives her treatments. With the holidays, work and
my church commitments I have only 5-1/2 days to make this quilt- from
start to finish. These quilt-making days have been as long as 18
hours. Whew. Now I'm about to sandwich and pin baste. I have the
rest of today and tomorrow to quilt, bind and wash the quilt (I
smoke.... she doesn't). I was driving home from Christmas shopping and
the song "My Favorite Things" came on my truck radio. That was my
inspiration! Karen loves her two daughters, her church and home and
her little dog plus her yellow kayak, daffodils in the spring, S'Mores
and lighthouses. I got them all into the quilt. ;-) You can see it
at-

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...47310275EVerxl

My thanks to Pat on her hill and Polly for sharing the Warm Wishes
quilt idea and the directions!

Leslie (feeling panicky and rushed!!!) & The Furbabies (feeling
neglected and ignored) in MO.

Old December 25th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

Leslie, it's so bright and cheery! Making her this quilt is such a nice
gesture, and I know she'll feel the love and comfort during those chemo
sessions. Way to go!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

ups.com...

Old December 25th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Leslie, it's beautiful. You've really captured Karen's favourite
things; and I love the way you have used the same fabric for the
borders, the squares in the backing and the flowers in and around the
white picket fence. The little dog is adorable.
I think you'll do it - your determination will keep you going! Lots of
luck - don't forget to eat g
..
In message . com,
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old December 26th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leigh Harris

What a fantastic quilt! I love the little dog and the kayak picture. It is
such a wonderfully personal quilt which will make her feel fantastic
whenever she looks at it.

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote
Karen, a friend of Susan (my dog trainer and friend), had a mastectomy
and is starting chemo on Wednesday. I wanted to make her a quilt for
warmth while she receives her treatments. (snip) I was driving home from

Old December 26th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maloney Empire

How wonderfully cheery and bright for your dear friend.
Quite beautiful.

--
Di Maloney
Please remove 1 from email address to reply direct.

Old December 26th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

WOW it's wonderful!! and you made all of it in *just* 3 1/2 days??? I am in
awe!!

you did a wonderful job!!

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old December 26th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default My 5-1/2 day quilt/FINISHED!!!!!

It's FINISHED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOO!!! And I'm only 50 minutes past
schedule. LOL Actually, don't be too impressed with the 5-1/2 day
time limit. The past few days have passed in a frantic blur. The only
two days I remember clearly is Thursday- I started at 8 a.m. Thursday
morning and finished sewing at 4:30 a.m. Friday morning. Since we are
having our family Christmas gathering on New Year's Day, I spent
Christmas day (Monday) from 8 a.m. until 5:10 a.m. Tuesday working on
the quilt. I slept until 9:30 this morning and then finished sewing
the binding on until 12:50 a.m. So, my "days" were equal to a "normal"
person's three or four days????? The finished quilt pics are up on the
same link.

I'm going to take the quilt to Susan for washing and then CRASH!!!

The Exhausted Leslie & Furbabies in MO.

Old December 26th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Now that's what I call "dedication" and "warp speed quilting"! Good
Grief!!! Happy dancing for you, since you're probably curled up in the
fetal position, off in la la land. Congrats!

Patti in Seattle