HI ya...new news...

Old December 20th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
sewamommy

Default HI ya...new news...

hello everyone, how's everyone doing? how the family? everyone on my
end is wonderful... i just got my christmas presents from my
husband...yeahhh!!! i have QUILTER'S COMPLETE GUIDE by Marianne Fons &
Liz Porter and i have hp custom quilt label kit.!. thanks to someone
wonderful on here suggesting i get this book, it is wonderful...and the
quilt label kit is pretty cool, i cant play with it yet because i dont
have any fabric sheets, any suggestions where i can get some with out
paying boockas of money? and it has instructions on how to make my own
but i need an ink fixative, and i dont know where to get
it...anyhow...Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!!!
sewamommy: hazel

Old December 21st 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article . com,
"sewamommy" wrote:

hello everyone, how's everyone doing? how the family? everyone on my
end is wonderful... i just got my christmas presents from my
husband...yeahhh!!! i have QUILTER'S COMPLETE GUIDE by Marianne Fons &
Liz Porter and i have hp custom quilt label kit.!. thanks to someone
wonderful on here suggesting i get this book, it is wonderful...and the
quilt label kit is pretty cool, i cant play with it yet because i dont
have any fabric sheets, any suggestions where i can get some with out
paying boockas of money? and it has instructions on how to make my own
but i need an ink fixative, and i dont know where to get
it...anyhow...Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!!!
sewamommy: hazel

Wonderful, Hazel! Enjoy the book -- it's a real winner. I also like the
HP label program; it's lots of fun to use. I use Printed Treasures
sheets and like the results I get, but you could also get some Bubble
Jet Set to use on your own fabrics. I'd suggest getting it from Sheila
at http://www.softexpressions.com; she generally has very competitive
prices.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old December 21st 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I'm just so glad you have the Fons book. Find it a home close to your SM.
I mitred corners on quilt binding with that good book in my lap many times.
I usually birth quilts and everytime I needed to do a real binding, I needed
my refresher course. They show 'just how' to do it. It's well-written,
well-illustrated and (!) it is right. I'm proud of you. Polly

Old December 21st 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

That is a great book. I took mine to Staples and had them put a spiral
binding on it so it lays nice and flat and stayes open at whatever page
I am looking at.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 21st 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
sewamommy

Hi to all!. thanks for all the postive thoughts... i love the spiral
idea, im no where near a staples tho.
also thanks for the link Sandy in Henderson.
alos thank you polly for always responding so nicely.
Happy HOlidays to all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
sewamommy: hazel

Old December 21st 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

If you don't have Staples, try Kinko's, Insty-Prints, OfficeMax, a local
printer, etc. A lot of places that do printing and copying can do it.

Julia in MN

Old December 22nd 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:30:13 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I'm just so glad you have the Fons book. Find it a home close to your SM.
I mitred corners on quilt binding with that good book in my lap many times.
I usually birth quilts and everytime I needed to do a real binding, I needed
my refresher course. They show 'just how' to do it. It's well-written,
well-illustrated and (!) it is right. I'm proud of you. Polly

Mom and I use it to help set our blocks with sashing and corner posts
in a straight setting. Going by the book directions was easy peasy,
and the results were perfect.

Debra in VA
See my quilts at