ouch!!

Old October 17th 04, 05:25 AM

Default ouch!!

Working as a prep cook , i have to run a meat slicer. Found out about
two weeks ago that i did a very good job of sharping the blade.

The tip of my left index finger is healing very nicely, but still very
very tender. I was cleaning the blade and in a blink of an eye, my
finger was about 3/16 of an inch shorter...ooooops!!!

Crocheting is still possible, since I am a righty, but knitting by hand
is still a little painful. Only missed 4 days of work, I needed some
time off , but went about it the wrong way......LOL!!!!

Bart

Old October 17th 04, 06:45 AM
Shillelagh

wrote in message
Working as a prep cook , i have to run a meat slicer. Found out about
two weeks ago that i did a very good job of sharping the blade.

The tip of my left index finger is healing very nicely, but still very
very tender. I was cleaning the blade and in a blink of an eye, my
finger was about 3/16 of an inch shorter...ooooops!!!

Crocheting is still possible, since I am a righty, but knitting by hand
is still a little painful. Only missed 4 days of work, I needed some
time off , but went about it the wrong way......LOL!!!!

Bart

Oooooh, owie, ouch, ouch..... please be careful, and I hope you heal
quickly!

Shelagh

Old October 17th 04, 07:36 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Bart i wish you quick healing !!!
buy some Vitamin E , it is great for any open wound ,,,,
As to finger accidents ,,,, i could write a book , srating from
putting mine in a Cigar Cutter .... as a small child ...
mirjam

Old October 17th 04, 04:45 PM
Elizabeth Naime

Ouch, indeed! Also, Yikes!

Don't push your poor sore finger, remember that the exchanges are
supposed to be FUN and your October partner (who still has some ends to
work in anyway) is NOT expecting those squares until your finger is
much, much better. ;-)

Only know that there is no spork.
Old October 17th 04, 10:13 PM
NoraBalcer

Bart,

I've wondered why we hadn't seen you here for a little while, now I understand.
Please be very careful as that's not a fun way to have time off from work.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 18th 04, 10:45 AM
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Bart i wish you quick healing !!!
buy some Vitamin E , it is great for any open wound ,,,,
As to finger accidents ,,,, i could write a book , srating from
putting mine in a Cigar Cutter .... as a small child ...

Oh, Mirjam, how painful!

Katherine

Old October 19th 04, 03:07 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Bart i wish you quick healing !!!
buy some Vitamin E , it is great for any open wound ,,,,
As to finger accidents ,,,, i could write a book , srating from
putting mine in a Cigar Cutter .... as a small child ...

Oh, Mirjam, how painful!

Katherine

Mirjam, did you have cigar makers in your family, or just smokers.....My
father was a cigar tobacco brooker in Amsterdam. He made his own cigars,
and I still have an old wooden cigar mold.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 19th 04, 03:11 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Bart i wish you quick healing !!!
buy some Vitamin E , it is great for any open wound ,,,,
As to finger accidents ,,,, i could write a book , srating from
putting mine in a Cigar Cutter .... as a small child ...

Oh, Mirjam, how painful!

Katherine

Mirjam, did you have cigar makers in your family, or just
smokers.....My father was a cigar tobacco brooker in Amsterdam. He
made his own cigars, and I still have an old wooden cigar mold.

\
Good grief, Els! Is your whole family crafty???

Katherine