Bernina 930 help?

Old January 25th 04, 12:17 AM
KCK

Default Bernina 930 help?

The first thing I would do is get out the manual and make sure you have
threaded it correctly. Re-thread the machine even if you think you did
it correctly.

While you've got the manual out and have said you haven't used the
machine for a while, you should apply fresh sewing machine oil (if it
has turned yellow in the bottle, replace it) to the spots listed in the
manual.

If you have lost your manual, you can download one for free from the
www.berninausa.com web site.

--

KCK ( in Texas)
Take out the DOG before sending email

"Muggywort" wrote in message
I was merrily sewing along on my daughter's quilt, and notice that the
stitches on my Bernina 930 are pulling to the top. It looks like a
tension problem, but I haven't used the machine in so long that I have
no idea what to do.

Help? Hints?

Muggy, who has finally gotten started on the quilt and wants to keep
going!

Old January 25th 04, 12:45 AM
Taria

Would guess that the bobbin area needs cleaned or the case is
threaded wrong. Check upper tension and change needle.
Taria

Old January 25th 04, 01:08 AM
MB

Muggy...If you can't figure it out there
is a 930 group on yahoo ..........they
call it "BerninaThirtySomethings"......great group for those Bernies whose
model # ends in 30.

Old January 25th 04, 07:59 PM
Pat in Virginia

No no ... Kevin might have been on the run FROM this circus!!
PAT, also glad to see Kevin here again ... and looking forward to
our reunion in Houston!

Old January 26th 04, 02:11 AM
TerriLee In WA

Do you mean that the bobbin thread is pulling to the top? If so, make sure
(among all the other things people mentioned) that the upper thread tension
wheel hasn't gotten turned. You know, the one on the top next to the stitch
patterns. Just below it is a dial, that has a red line that is supposed to
be centered for normal sewing & thread. If it's not, that will foul up your
stiching.
--
TerriLee in WA (state) USA (who loves her 930!)

Old February 10th 04, 05:06 AM
Phyllis Moody

I would have to agree with you that it may be the tension.I know when a
sewing machine has not been used for a time then tension can get out of
wack. if moving the top on is not working then you may have to get you
machine serviced. and if it has been a long time since you last used the
machine then I would have it cleaned oiled and all that stuff. because an
inactive machine can have to oil pool into the bottom and then you can burn
out the motor. this is not a good thing.
I am not sure if this will be help full but thought that I would tell you I
would hate to hear that your machine is finished do to the fact that it was
not oiled down inside correctly.

Good Luck
Phyllis

Old February 10th 04, 02:19 PM
Teresa in Colorado

Have you tried all the standard fixes? Rethread the top, making sure the
thread is securely in the tension disks, rethread the bobbin, put in a new
needle? Sometimes this is all it takes.

Phyllis is right, however, it is not good for a machine to sit for a long
time. If your machine has not been serviced in years, a standard service
might be in order. It can save you a lot of trouble in the future.

--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Sales, Service, Supplies, and More
www.thepresserfoot.com
--
.. .

"Muggywort" wrote in message
I was merrily sewing along on my daughter's quilt, and notice that the
stitches on my Bernina 930 are pulling to the top. It looks like a
tension problem, but I haven't used the machine in so long that I have
no idea what to do.

Help? Hints?

Muggy, who has finally gotten started on the quilt and wants to keep
going!

Bernina 1080 Light Problem TerMarL Quilting 10 October 21st 03 11:52 AM
Bernina 830 Polly Esther Quilting 5 September 6th 03 10:06 PM
Bernina Gourmet sewing Diane Carter Quilting 0 September 5th 03 10:42 PM
Bernina 830 Sylvia Quilting 0 September 5th 03 04:13 PM
bernina, walking foot, skipped stitches Musicmaker Quilting 7 August 25th 03 08:03 AM