TIDBITS 11/09/03

Old November 10th 03, 03:14 AM
Benjamin Mark

Default TIDBITS 11/09/03

The Bejeweled Gambling God.

Faites vos jeux messieurs/dames ... et riens ne va plus! How
many of you have heard that cry at the roulette wheel ... and
bet ... and ... lost? Yeah yeah. Bad stroke of luck. Lousy spin
of the wheel. Whaddya expect pal ... the whole thing's rigged
anyway. Psst. Hey. You. Yeah ... you. Wha...? Wanna buy a gamblin'
god? It's got turquoise in it. It's got obsidian. Gold pyrites ...
all set over a human skull. Guaranteed to work. Rub his head ...
place yer bet ... take home the clink. Whaddya say? You in or you
out?

We're at the onset of the first world. The sun of
Earth--Tezcatlipoca--rules over a race of giants so powerful they can
uproot trees bare-handed. He is the Aztec god of night and all
material things. He is the god of smoking mirror ... which gives off
smoke and kills his enemies. He is the god of beauty. He is the god of
war. He is the god of heroes. He is the god of chance.

Okay buddy. How much for the god? And how do I know you ain't rakin'
me over the coals? Hey hey. Watch who yer talkin' to, my friend. I run
a legitimate business here. They know me all over the place. Ask
anybody. I tie up the odds. Make everything even/steven. I guarantee
my gods. They work, my fine feathered skeptic. Fifty bucks is what I
usually sell 'em for. Fifty buck and not a penny less. But seein' as
how you look like yer in the dumper ... I'm gonna give you a break.
Five bucks this one time. Five bucks and not a penny less. Give me
four bucks fifty. Make it four bucks even. 'Cuz I feel bad for you.
'Cuz it's my last god. Sold 'em all out more'n an hour ago. Last one
left. It's here somewhere. Ahh. In my pocket. Here. Wait. I'll take
off the lint. Got a little mussed up in there. Whaddya gonna do? Heh
heh.

And after the first world ... there's the second creation. And after
the second creation ... there's the third creation. Tezcatlipoca
survives them all. And then there's a flood. The land is inundated.
Living things ... dying all over the place. Familiar theme folks?
Tezcatlipoca helps two humans survive. He hides them in the hollow of
a tree and cares for them till the waters subside. After the flood ...
the humans catch some fish and make a fire to cook them. This is a
no-no. Fire is only for the gods. Tezcatlipoca descends. He reprimands
them. He cuts off their heads and places them on their buttocks ...
thus creating the first dogs ... for those of you who need to know
where dogs come from.

Psst. Hey. You. Yeah ... you. Wanna buy a gamblin' god? Faites vos
jeux messieurs/dames ... et riens ne va plus!

For those of you who are new to this thing called Tidbits...may I
direct you to my home page at www.tyler-adam.com where you will scroll
down the left side menu till you get to the area that says Tidbits
Graphics ... and then click on the link that says: Tez ... where
you'll see an image of the God of Chance in all his bejeweled glory.

And there ya have it.
That's it for this week folks.
Catch you all next week.
Benjamin Mark

All issues of Tidbits are copyrighted and available from our home
page. All rights reserved.
SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE E-MAIL NEWSLETTER: TIDBITS
Available From Our Home Page At:
http://www.tyler-adam.com
Any Day-Gifts Galore-Visit Tyler-Adam Corp.
--Browse the vast resources of TAC-Bourse--
--Our Diamond Search Engine--
TYLER-ADAM CORP.--Jewelry Manufacturers
Tel: 1-800-20-TYLER
E-Mail to:

TIDBITS 01/16/05 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 January 16th 05 02:35 AM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 0 October 24th 04 11:59 PM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 October 24th 04 09:27 PM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 2 July 21st 03 05:22 AM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 July 13th 03 11:00 PM