Podcasts

Old October 4th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

Default Podcasts

The other day I was messing around in itunes at the "podcast" section of the
itunes store. I was looking for quilting podcasts, and actually found a few
by luck, but could not figure out a way to search it by subject. The only
search function I could find searched by the specific title of the podcast,
in fact I only found one because there happens to be one by the title
"quilting 101" or something like that, and it had links to a few others
("you might like these as well:..."). Does anyone know how to search it by
subject rather than the specific title of the podcast you are looking for.

Brian Christiansen

Old October 4th 10, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

"Sandy" wrote in message
When I was looking for quilting podcasts, I searched on "quilt" and came
up with a few. The ones I'm currently subscribed to a

Alex Anderson Quilting Chronicles (she doesn't do them very often)
Jackie's Quilting Chronicles
Quilting for the Rest of Us

Yes, but WHERE in itunes did you type in the word "quilt" for it to search
by category. The search box in the upper right hand corner that is right
under the windows contols for minimizing, maximizing, and closing the window
is only capable of searching by the specific title, not by category.

Brian Christiansen

Old October 4th 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Oct 3, 11:25*pm, "Brian Christiansen"
wrote:
"Sandy" wrote in message

... When I was looking for quilting podcasts, I searched on "quilt" and came
up with a few. The ones I'm currently subscribed to a

Alex Anderson Quilting Chronicles (she doesn't do them very often)
Jackie's Quilting Chronicles
Quilting for the Rest of Us

Yes, but WHERE in itunes did you type in the word "quilt" for it to search
by category. *The search box in the upper right hand corner that is right
under the windows contols for minimizing, maximizing, and closing the window
is only capable of searching by the specific title, not by category.

Brian Christiansen

In my browser, that's a standard google search window. It'll search
by keywords (within a title), which would explain Sandy finding
anything with "quilt" in it - e.g. quilts, quilting, quilted,
quiltface, quiltmeister...
Old October 4th 10, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

When I first open Itunes 10.x, it shows the Itunes Store and in the
upper right hand search box it says, "Search Store". Search for:

quilt podcast

It will show about eight (8) icons for quilt related podcasts. Above
those icons, it will say something like:

Podcast See All

Click "See All" and it will display icons for all of the quilt related
podcasts available via Itunes (and some that are really not quilt related).

Bev in TX

--
Bev in TX
Old October 5th 10, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

In the iTunes Store search box, I typed in "quilting podcasts";
there are about 40 results.

Good luck!

Ragmop/Sandy

Podcasts.... Kate in MI Quilting 2 January 8th 10 02:54 PM
quilting podcasts Anne Rogers Quilting 4 July 27th 09 05:49 PM
Quilting Podcasts Puttsy Quilting 11 December 5th 07 10:54 PM
Knitting or crochet podcasts coggietm Yarn 4 August 28th 07 05:12 AM
quilting podcasts Laurie G. Quilting 7 May 25th 07 05:23 AM