connecting threads

Old October 5th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default connecting threads

Have any of you tried the Connecting Threads batiks? They're less
expensive by far than most sites and look quite nice. But how do they
feel and how do they hold up to handling/washing/stitching? I'd
appreciate any input.

Sunny
Old October 5th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I haven't, Sunny, but do have a care if you try any. Lately, I've had 2
batiks that will never Ever quit bleeding. Polly

Old October 5th 10, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

That doesn't sound right. We subscribe to the school that washes
fabrics before quilting, partly to find out their bleeding
characteristics & potential. Isn't there some product or household
chemical that can be added to set the dyes better so they won't bleed?

"Sunny" wrote in message

Have any of you tried the Connecting Threads batiks? They're less
expensive by far than most sites and look quite nice. But how do they
feel and how do they hold up to handling/washing/stitching? I'd
appreciate any input.

Sunny- Hide quoted text -

Old October 8th 10, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_3_]

Vinegar! Works for me. Just add in the wash with whatever soap. If it
bleeds bad I may put more in the rinse cycle and do a second wash.
Joanna