Not OT This weekend

Old October 3rd 10, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default Not OT This weekend

Just finished quilting and binding a lap size. No idea what or whom
it's for, so I gave it a hanging sleeve too.
I'll post a photo one of these days.
Roberta in D

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 06:52:37 -0700 (PDT), Ginger in CA
wrote:

In about 15 minutes I head out to go to Buellton, to my friends' shop
The Creation Station. It is a 96 mile drive each way. We have a
pillowcases for kids sew-in planned today. The local foster care
system benefits. Up at 5AM, rootled through stash. Picked out fun and
funky, warm and whimsical, outrageous and demure fabrics. And realized
my stash is absolutely huge. I will start making a concerted effort to
do some scrap quilts, since there certainly pieces that defy
description for size! But I can make thangles, or squares and play
around with them. One more baby quilt to bind to the back, and I am
free to do a major overhaul of the craft room and set myself up for
projects.

So, what are you doing this weekend - sewing wise?

Ginger in CA

Old October 6th 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

If you know a person for whom money is tight and who must go to the
laundromat, invite them for dinner and tell them to bring their
laundry. It can run through your washer and dryer while you visit.
Great way to help a person in need without the sometimes awkward
attempt of putting cash in their hand. Or trade them laundry use for
help with gardening, cleaning, etc at your house. Of course while they
are there you could serve a nice meal and just happen to make too much
so they will take home leftovers. You don't have to wait for a
community wide event to help others.

Susan

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:12:14 -0500, Julia in MN
wrote:

My church did Operation Inasmuch today (based on Matthew 25:40 --
"Inasmuch as you have done it for one of the least of these). We had a
bunch of projects around the community. I worked on quilts and baby
blankets to be given to mothers who give birth while in jail. Some did
park cleanup. Some wrote letters to service men and women. Some packed
up cookies and took them to various public servants and to the Red Cross
and Salvation Army for people doing flood cleanup in our area. Some made
lunch for the rest of us. The most rewarding story I've heard so far is
from the group that went to several laundromats with lots of quarters
and randomly paid for people's laundry. They had quarters for a man who
was new in town and came with only 2 dollars -- enough he figured to
wash, but not dry, his clothes. He was so grateful that he phoned the
church to say thanks.

Julia in MN

On 10/2/2010 8:52 AM, Ginger in CA wrote:
In about 15 minutes I head out to go to Buellton, to my friends' shop
The Creation Station. It is a 96 mile drive each way. We have a
pillowcases for kids sew-in planned today. The local foster care
system benefits. Up at 5AM, rootled through stash. Picked out fun and
funky, warm and whimsical, outrageous and demure fabrics. And realized
my stash is absolutely huge. I will start making a concerted effort to
do some scrap quilts, since there certainly pieces that defy
description for size! But I can make thangles, or squares and play
around with them. One more baby quilt to bind to the back, and I am
free to do a major overhaul of the craft room and set myself up for
projects.

So, what are you doing this weekend - sewing wise?

Ginger in CA

What I did this weekend Kiteflyer Quilting 15 January 12th 09 08:44 PM
OT- what's everyone doing this weekend? Patti Beads 11 May 29th 07 08:43 PM
OT weekend maryd Quilting 17 January 30th 05 07:14 PM
OT...Our weekend Mary in Oregon Quilting 3 May 19th 04 02:57 AM
OT What a weekend! :-) The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me Quilting 7 November 11th 03 05:43 PM