Happy Dancing in VA & SC! (long)

Old December 27th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Happy Dancing in VA & SC! (long)

Belated Christmas Greetings ... hoping
the joys and blessings of the Holy Day
warm your heart in the coming New Year.

I was in South Carolina last week, for
Christmas and family time. First we
visited one of my sisters and her DH. I
presented her with a quilt to celebrate
her recent birthday. She was sooo happy
and excited. That just made my day! This
was a quilt that I probably mentioned
here in RCTQ. It is called "Out of the
Blue" and is a traditional quilt made
with original blocks. I submitted it
last year for a guild challenge
involving the color or word blue. Then I
stored it away. At that time, there were
areas of many blocks that seemed to need
more quilting, but I was stymied as to a
quilting motif. Not long ago, when I
realized this would be a perfect gift
for Sis#1, I had a brainstorm for the
quilting. I added words in about 10 of
the blocks. With free motion MQ, I added
her name, birthday and place, names of
our parents & all siblings, her kids,
GC, & DH, plus some words reflecting
good thoughts and things. I was very
pleased with the personalization and
will do this again in future quilts. I
also put a pretty label on the quilt.

Now that I think of it, I think we
forgot to take the picture of us
together with the quilt. Ack!!

All for now, PAT in VA/USA
Old December 27th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

[...]

How wonderful, Pat, that it turned out so well that the quilt needed
more quilting! I love putting words into quilting with FM work. And why
am I not surprised that your DS loved the quilt? g

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1/
Old December 27th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle

Lucky Sis! :-) The quilt sounds absolutely gorgeous, and what a cool idea
about the personalized quilting. So are there any pictures of the quilt,
even if you didn't get one with you, your sister and the quilt?
--
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

Old December 27th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Lovely story, Pat. Thanks for the telling.
Now for the showing: we want pictures!!! g

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy

Old December 28th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Michelle & Ragmop:
I don't know if there are any pictures
of this quilt. I will ask BIL to take
some and forward to me.
Thanks to everyone for kind words.
I think it is really fun to present a
quilt in person. Sometimes one must ship
the quilt, but being there to watch the
person open the package is so much more
fun!
PAT
PS: I have 3 other sisters, so will have
other opportunities to make 'family
theme' quilts!

Happy dancing!!! Janner Quilting 2 July 11th 05 10:04 PM
Happy, Happy Dancing Lucille Needlework 8 May 5th 05 12:24 AM
Happy Dancing for UFOs Denise Jameson Quilting 13 April 4th 05 11:09 PM
Happy Top Dancing! frood Quilting 29 March 5th 05 03:10 PM
Happy Xena Dancing! frood Quilting 51 February 1st 04 05:20 PM