Photos updated

Old December 27th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

Default Photos updated

I have uploaded pictures of my MIL's quilt. It is not a true crazy quilt
(at least what I think of as one). I used the pattern Buggy Barn Crazies to
do it. DMIL received it as a Christmas gift when we were there over the
holiday. I used fabrics I received from her mom when she cleaned out all
her sewing and hobby items. The fabrics are scraps, unfinished projects,
pieces that never made it to the cutting table and items to be 'repurposed'.
She loves it, as does her 4 dogs. By the way it appears they are going to
give lots of help in using it.

I am also using the fabrics to make her DSis a quilt as well. Hers is going
to be 5 in blocks of them as she is not a 'crazy quilt' kind of person. The
remainder of the fabrics are going to go into similar quilts for donating.
I hope to have at least one done for donation as well as the one for DH's
aunt when we see them both for DH's grandmother's 90th birthday the end of
Jan. We are going to give the charity one(s) to her for her to decide where
she wants them to be donated (she had some larger pieces of fabric she was
planning to donate to a charity making quilts but forgot who).

The pictures can be found at the end of my quilts album if you are
interested in looking. I update it with the others as soon as they are
finished.
--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old December 27th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

That is so cool! Happy dancing for you in Tucson.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old December 27th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Charlotte Hippen" wrote:

[...]

Oh, I *like* that, Charlotte! And I'm really sure your MIL did, too. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1/
Old December 27th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

They're both great, but I really like the subtle effect of diagonal lines in

Old December 27th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Charlotte-
I absolutely LOVE the crazy quilt! You did a fabulous job. Actually,
I did a search on Buggy Barn and ordered the same crazy quilt pattern
plus their coneflowers pattern! Thanks for the info and for sharing
your pics.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 27th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Charlotte:
The quilt is so lively and colorful. It,
and the other projects from Granny's
fabric will be cherished for many years.
PAT in VA/USA

Old December 28th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

My grandmother always made quilts from left over scraps or worn out
clothing. She also batted them with old blankets or worn out quilts. They
weighed a ton, but were very warm. I remember my mom saying that this
fabric was from grandpas pj's, or one of her dresses or a shirt of one of my
uncles, or an uncles pjs, etc. That is where I got the idea to do this for
DH's family. And there is alot of that there. DMIL said 'oh that was my
favorite pair of pants', and 'DS had a dress in that material', or 'that was
a dress I made' etc. so the idea worked.

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

"Jacqueline in KY" quilter at mountain-breeze dot com wrote in message
Charlotte,

Your crazy quilt reminds me of a quilt that my mother had made for
each of us girls when we were teenagers, although they were not crazy
quilts. My mother had made all our clothes when we were growing up
and she had saved all her scrap material. When she got where she was
no longer making our clothes, she took the scraps to a lady that
traded in my father's furniture store and had her to make 4 quilt
tops, one for each of us girls and one for Dad and her. Each one's
binding was from an outfit that she had made for that particular
person. I would not take a million dollars for mine although when I
lived away from home I had a water leak in a closet and did not
realize it and the quilt got some mildew stains on it that I have not
been successful in getting out. I still love the quilt though.

I am sure your DMIL will feel the same about this one.

Jacqueline in KY

Old December 28th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

Thanks for the kind words Sandy, Carolyn and Trixie!!

Old December 28th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

Thanks Roberta. I'm glad you like it.

The first one was a true crazy quilt. I took some old sheets she had cut
portions off of and used those as a foundation. I just added fabrics until
the square was covered. It was very difficult for me so I decided I wasn't
going to do that again. My DM found the pattern for the second one in her
collection of patterns and loaned it to me. I was so much simpler and still
gives the same effect. When I started, I was a little worried about it
looking less random and more like a definite pattern was used, but I'm
really pleased with how it turned out.

--
"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
They're both great, but I really like the subtle effect of diagonal lines
in #2!
Roberta in D

http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

New Quilt Photos Tia Mary Quilting 3 July 6th 06 12:03 AM
Photos updated Charlotte Hippen Quilting 9 March 13th 06 04:25 PM
OT - Webshot Photos added Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 8 June 29th 04 07:18 PM
2 Quilts finished and photos updated Ann Quilting 15 May 8th 04 04:38 PM
I just updated my webshot album with new quilt photos nana2b Quilting 11 July 25th 03 10:32 PM