Ok gals here it is

Old December 25th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Default Ok gals here it is

Ooh, poor house, makes you just want to adopt it! It will be great after
fixing. Lots of good trees too.
Roberta in D

" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
Here is the link to the pictures of the house. Now remember, I did
warn you it needs a LOT of TLC. If you can't get in let me know.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cgirl_also

Old December 25th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Do what we did.....go thru and make LISTS of everything that needs doing
(yes, even if the light switch covers need changing) and then first thing
the NEXT MORNING : prioritize.
Keep that list as part of your House History. We are putting a lil tic by
each one as it is finished.
yes, a lil tic by the:
replace floors in........(rooms)
flooring in (rooms)
tack strips in
etc
When you have 4 or 5 projects going, it doesn't seem like much is getting
done--those lil tics make a nice difference.
No, we didn't date each but I guess you could.
HTH
Merry Christmas

Butterfly (Butterfly For President)

"Patti" wrote in message
Over here, the estate agents (realtors) would describe that house as
'having potential'. It most certainly does - it could be beautiful. Yes,
there's a lot of work to do, but that can be fun - if you let it

2007 will obviously be busy for you. I really hope it will be very happy,
too. Pace yourself, and enjoy the steps.
.
In message . com,
" writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old December 25th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article . com,
" wrote:

Here is the link to the pictures of the house. Now remember, I did
warn you it needs a LOT of TLC. If you can't get in let me know.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cgirl_also

Looks like you'll be busy! g But what a wonderful house is hiding
under the needed repairs -- and the back yard looks like a bit of raking
will do wonders, since it already has great trees. Congratulations!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1/

Old December 25th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

wrote:
Here is the link to the pictures of the house. Now remember, I did
warn you it needs a LOT of TLC. If you can't get in let me know.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cgirl_also

That 'house' is a real 'home' waiting to happen - again! Somebody loved
it once, and it has great charm.

22 years on from our first Christmas here we are STILL finding
surprises! And we seem to have more to do that we did the day we moved in!

Your garden/yard is in better shape than ours at the moment! At least
you can SEE yours! After 18 months of severe neglect due to building
and other circumstances, ours has reverted to primordial forest! I'm
thinking of holding a garden clearence weekend in the spring: bring your
own machete and carve out your own camping spot! I'll provide food,
showers and towels...

Now there's an idea! Hold a house-fixing weekend party! Invite all the
family and friends in, divide them up into teams, asign a room per team
and have a competition to see:

Who reveals the worst horror!
Who finds the biggest spider!
Who does the best fix!
Who completes their room first - and most professionally!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 25th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Dear Kathy,
You know, it's not so different from salvaging a treasured, vintage
quilt that has been loved almost to death. Take off the binding, remove
the old batting . Patch the holes and change the borders. In the end,
you'll have a gorgeous treasure, all the more wonderful because your
love and effort became part of the history of this house.

Sunny

Old December 25th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

You're so very right, sunny!

Kathy this is going to be such a rewarding effort.
1. When you get discouraged, pull out these before pictures to remind
yourself how it "used to look".
2. Remember there is no race to get it done. Close off the portions you
want to save until later, to save heating bills, and no con your mind
into starting on something else when you really aren't ready to.
3. I liked that idea of a house-warming party - come warm yourself by
helping out for a day/weekend!
4. You are likely to find many and assorted "treasures" from the prior
owners. Recycle what you can into part of the House history.
5. If you are into scrapbooking or know someone who is, this would be a
cool project to record!

Ginger in CA
living in a 104 yr old house with the lath and plaster walls, original
wiring

Old December 26th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maloney Empire

Hi Kathy,

I am relatively new to this group, but have been lurking and watching about
you and your family amongst the other posts.

I would love a house like yours - my husband and I bought the ugliest house
in the street - one neighbour actually called it 'the morgue' - we have been
here 18 years and are still working on things to suit us.

To quote one of the other posters: "Wish I could have been part of that
group, but just maybe I can send a house warming gift later in the year.
"

What fun you and you DH are going to have - am looking forward to seeing the
progress you have made and the after pictures.

Good luck, peace, health and happiness for the new year.

Di
In the wet, cold Mornington Peninsula,
Victoria Australia.

--
Di Maloney
Please remove 1 from email address to reply direct.

Old December 26th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Thank you Di

Hi Gals & Guys starlia Beads 51 February 12th 05 04:09 AM
Attn Kevin! Attention Ramada Gals! (Happy Dance) Roberta Zollner Quilting 12 September 1st 03 09:34 PM
Attn Kevin! Attention Ramada Gals! (Happy Dance) QuiltR1024 Quilting 0 August 28th 03 12:58 PM
Attention Ramada Gals! (Happy Dance) Kathy Applebaum Quilting 20 August 28th 03 12:29 AM