newbie with Ultimate Sweater Machine

Old November 20th 04, 03:15 AM
murjo

Default newbie with Ultimate Sweater Machine

I have just purchased a USM. Would like to find sites that has free
patterns for beginners. Would especially like to find poncho
patterns.
Any beginning suggestions before I take it out of the box?
Old November 20th 04, 11:57 AM
Shannon

You can try www.bond-america.com I have another page marked for Bond
patterns, I'll send you the link when I find it. I too am looking for
poncho patterns so if anyone is willing to share Thanks, Shannon

Old November 20th 04, 12:01 PM
Shannon

Here's another one, http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/W...knitpatrn.html

Old December 28th 04, 01:19 PM

Hi: There are poncho patterns available at http://www.knittingtoday.com

---

Old January 28th 05, 09:31 PM

Also here is a page I found. I got a USM for Christmas and I love it
after I finally figured it out.

http://www.geocities.com/diva27406/ponchopage.html

I would say one of the most important things is a table just like they
say in the video. It has to be right. I use an old desk that was
discarded by a local university (when they redid the dorms they sold
all the desks for like $5 each! and they're real wood!) and that works
well for me.

If you're making something small you can take apart your needle bed and
only use a small section of it and then it fits nicely on one of those
nice wooden tv trays. (like if you were to make a fun fur scarf, but
don't do that as your first project!)

take care
jamie