Unplanned stash increasing!

Old March 4th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Unplanned stash increasing!

If you're in Canada, today at Zellers they have Bernat yarn 2-for-1.

Not good! I went in simply to exchange a broken game for a new one for
DS....and came out with the game AND three...yes, three!...shopping
bags of yarn. Got Cottontots (4), Handicrafter (2), Satin (4) and Big
Value (4) for $20 (plus tax)! So now I have yarn for purses for needy
girls who are graduating, two baby shower gifts and some items for sale
out of the Cottontots and Handicrafter.

This on top of a trip to Lewiscraft yesterday....yikes! I'm
overflowing!

Now, if only I can find the time to use all this up....or find
somewhere to hide it before DH sees it

Anybody else take advantage of this sale?

Michelle

Old March 4th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Eastern Edge wrote:
If you're in Canada, today at Zellers they have Bernat yarn 2-for-1.

Not good! I went in simply to exchange a broken game for a new one
for DS....and came out with the game AND three...yes,
three!...shopping bags of yarn. Got Cottontots (4), Handicrafter
(2), Satin (4) and Big Value (4) for $20 (plus tax)! So now I have
yarn for purses for needy girls who are graduating, two baby shower
gifts and some items for sale out of the Cottontots and Handicrafter.

This on top of a trip to Lewiscraft yesterday....yikes! I'm
overflowing!

Now, if only I can find the time to use all this up....or find
somewhere to hide it before DH sees it

Anybody else take advantage of this sale?

Wow, Michelle, you have done well, indeed!

Higs,
Katherine

Old March 4th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Michelle,

I'm jealous, but only a little bit. LOL

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 4th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi the

No...I didn't check out the Zellers sale but last night popped into
Lewiscraft at the local mall. As suspected they didn't have too much there i
was interested in. Not a lot of yarn remaining but I did manage to pick up a
some round knitting needles at 30% off. I think they are bringing stock in
from other stores according to what the clerks were conversing about in the
opposite aisle smirk. I asked when they would be finally closing and the
indicated 3 months tops and possibly sooner. I'm not sure if this is the
case everywhere.
Anyway, it will be a shame to lose them as that is the only real crafty type
store in the area.

take care
donna from ontario, canada

oups.com...

Old March 5th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi

No I didn't check out Zellers sale but of course I went out again to
Lewiscraft and did find some yarn. I picked up some more Starlette by
Mary Maxim so now have lots of yarn.

I understand about needing more time to use it all up as since
Lewiscraft announced it was closing I have got lots of yarn. My
problem is DH is such an influence and has driven me to various stores
to look at yarn.

Square One in Mississauga had quite a bit of yarn today. Sorry
shouldn't tell any of you this.

Darlene in Toronto

Old March 5th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Donna D. wrote:
Hi the

No...I didn't check out the Zellers sale but last night popped into
Lewiscraft at the local mall. As suspected they didn't have too much there i
was interested in. Not a lot of yarn remaining but I did manage to pick up a
some round knitting needles at 30% off. I think they are bringing stock in
from other stores according to what the clerks were conversing about in the
opposite aisle smirk. I asked when they would be finally closing and the
indicated 3 months tops and possibly sooner. I'm not sure if this is the
case everywhere.
Anyway, it will be a shame to lose them as that is the only real crafty type
store in the area.

take care
donna from ontario, canada

The two Lewiscraft stores here have lots of yarn left, but are woefully
low on beads (partly my fault, I suppose!). By law they have 90 days
to liquidate, so they're trying to sell off everything in that time.
If its gone before, they'll close before.

It's a shame to lose them; Michaels opened up here last year, so there
IS a craft store, but for me it's clear across the city, and a large,
sprawling place. Not always a happy experience when I just want a few
specific things but have to drag the children past lots of other stuff
to get them.

Michelle

Old March 5th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

norabalcer wrote:
Hi Michelle,

I'm jealous, but only a little bit. LOL

Hugs,

Nora

I was *very* surprised; some smart person had posted a sign right on
the entry door, so of course the whole temptation was there from the
second I walked into the store. Of course, I did manage to go to
customer service and the toy department first, to do the exchange I
went in for originally. Plus I showed some restraint and actually put
back several skeins...but DS showed off his counting by counting the
ones I did buy...14! Well, according to him it was 9, 10, 11, 12, 13,
18, but I corrected him quite quickly....no need to make me look worse!

Michelle

Old March 5th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Katherine wrote:

Wow, Michelle, you have done well, indeed!

Higs,
Katherine

I even bought a ball of Patons Kroy Stripes at Lewiscraft Friday and
I'm halfway through a 6x6 pouch purse for myself with it....what lovely
stuff it is!

I would have done even better if Zellers had the Bernat Lana in colours
I liked

Michelle

Old March 5th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Eastern Edge" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you're in Canada, today at Zellers they have Bernat yarn 2-for-1.

I didn't know about it and it's probably a good thing too. I would have
loved to get some Cottontots - I love that yarn! I have more Handicrafter
than I'll ever use in my lifetime (laugh).

Shelagh

Not good! I went in simply to exchange a broken game for a new one for
DS....and came out with the game AND three...yes, three!...shopping
bags of yarn. Got Cottontots (4), Handicrafter (2), Satin (4) and Big
Value (4) for $20 (plus tax)! So now I have yarn for purses for needy
girls who are graduating, two baby shower gifts and some items for sale
out of the Cottontots and Handicrafter.

This on top of a trip to Lewiscraft yesterday....yikes! I'm
overflowing!

Now, if only I can find the time to use all this up....or find
somewhere to hide it before DH sees it

Anybody else take advantage of this sale?

Michelle

Color Theory: Starting/Maintaining a Stash Dannielle Quilting 40 November 12th 05 07:14 PM
Refolding stash Ann Quilting 19 October 16th 05 10:14 AM
Stash Enhancement at Library frood Quilting 5 August 8th 04 04:43 PM
OT - Stash reduction Johanna Gibson Quilting 8 June 2nd 04 04:31 AM
My Stash Is Being Guarded !!! DDM Quilting 2 August 10th 03 10:00 PM