I'm back

Old January 30th 04, 10:00 PM
Packrat

Default I'm back

My stash is indeed the same as when I left... see I told you there was
nothing to be had 8-)

It was a family visit and went as all family visits go... lots of talking
and eating and little else... I did get one smallish panel of the type you
see decorating building sites *everywhere* unfortunately it got left in the
car 8-(

Sorry Kate no addy's for you I did ask but they didn't know any and the
panel I got was in one of the more popular shopping area's in Cairo. We when
there while passing the time before the flight home.

--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old January 30th 04, 11:16 PM
Kate Dicey

Packrat wrote:

My stash is indeed the same as when I left... see I told you there was
nothing to be had 8-)

It was a family visit and went as all family visits go... lots of talking
and eating and little else... I did get one smallish panel of the type you
see decorating building sites *everywhere* unfortunately it got left in the
car 8-(

Sorry Kate no addy's for you I did ask but they didn't know any and the
panel I got was in one of the more popular shopping area's in Cairo. We when
there while passing the time before the flight home.

--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome home! Hope the family appreciated the baby!

Are you hosting a Starry Starry Night swap this year? I did all the
blocks for mine in time last year, but failed at the last hurdle and
never got them posted! They are sitting in their bag, waiting... If
not, or they are not suitable, I'll use them in other projects (they
would never go to waste!)
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 31st 04, 01:00 AM
Packrat

Thanks! Alexander was properly drooled over and not allowed to be put on the
floor/cry/get grumpy etc. allowing babies to cry is a "evil look offence" i
must be a bad, bad mother as i have been known to let him cry himself to
sleep almost as often as he goes to bed as he needs that little cry to get
himself ready to sleep ( some times he stops as soon as the door closes
sometimes it takes longer)

I haven't gotten round to deciding if i will do the swap this year i will
make up my mind next month - i do miss the swapping though all those lovely
packages to open...

the bad part of swapping is sending everything back 8-( i just *hate* that
part....

--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old February 8th 04, 05:22 AM
A Joy in Hawaii

Good to see you again! I miss your swaps, too. Glad you are back and baby
is well =).

A Joy in Hawaii

Old February 8th 04, 03:22 PM
Packrat

Hiya Joy!

The desire to host another Starry, starry night swap is growing... i find
that i'm looking at and buying night and star fabrics again...

this may lead to more... hehehe

Alexander is enjoying the wild adventure of eating real food... we had to
wait till we were back from Egypt before starting so as to avoid nasties
happening by accident ( the innocent giving of food by an inlaw for
instance) and he is already eating a whole small pot of whatever i give him!

--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old February 8th 04, 04:26 PM
Kate Dicey

Packrat wrote:

Hiya Joy!

The desire to host another Starry, starry night swap is growing... i find
that i'm looking at and buying night and star fabrics again...

this may lead to more... hehehe

Alexander is enjoying the wild adventure of eating real food... we had to
wait till we were back from Egypt before starting so as to avoid nasties
happening by accident ( the innocent giving of food by an inlaw for
instance) and he is already eating a whole small pot of whatever i give him!

Watch out for a big growth spurt! James suddenly grew out of all his
clothes when he started on solids!

Old February 8th 04, 08:24 PM
Packrat

I'm ahead of that game! I kept ALL of Michaael's clothes so i have enough of
everything up to adn including size 92 which gives me a lot of breathing
space...as he's just starting into size 74...LOL

oh and for all of you with a different size chart out there :
50/56 is for newborns and then it goes on to size 62,size 68 ,size 74 , size
80, size 86 and then comes size 92 .

which means i have 3 more sizes not yet in the closet... which should keep
him busy till he's at least 2 ...hehehe
--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old February 9th 04, 06:19 AM
D&D

Wouldn't it be good if sizes were the same worldwide ?

In Australia kids clothes start at 0000, 000,00,0, then 1 to about 8, 10,
12, 14 and 16. Adult womans usually start at 8 and go up by 2's to about 24
(I think).

Dee in Oz

"Packrat" wrote

Old February 9th 04, 12:57 PM
Packrat

yes it would... for starters i'd like to change dutch woman's sizes...

we have size 36, 38 up to a ghastly 56... i'm stuck with size 52 and it
looks a lot larger than size 30 even if it isn't ( the size 30 is an
optimistic guess... i certainly hope i'm not larger...)

--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands