Survey for a course I’m doing…please help!

Old March 10th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rusty rusty is offline
Junior Member

Default Survey for a course I’m doing…please help!

On Mar 10, 8:57*am, Maureen Wozniak wrote:
I'm piggybacking:

1) Springfield, IL
2) It varies, but at least 1 tablerunner or placemat set and 1 small quilt
3) On occassion, but I do a lot of my own quilting
4) no basting and less risk of puckers and other flaws in the backs/tops of
large (full, queen, or king) quilts. *Not having to wrestle a large quilt
through my home machine.

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:31:25 -0500, PhillyQuilter wrote
(in article
):

Sorry, this apparently sent before I was finished.

1. *Wayne, PA, US
2. *1 large (queen+) 3-4 smaller
3. *No but have considered
4. *a) wouldn't have to make the sandwich, b) would free up my time
for tops, c) stitching would be more accurate than my present machine
quilting skills.

Diana H - Gulph Mills, PA

On Mar 5, 8:22*am, PhillyQuilter wrote:
On Mar 5, 5:21*am, abbey in australia wrote:
1. * * I'm in the US in Wayne, Pennsylvania
2.

Hi everyone.
I’m doing a small-business course, and I need to do this survey
amongst a group of people of my choice. Because most of this stuff is
new to me, and I’m really quite nervous, I’ve chosen quilt-makers - to
stay in my comfort-zone!!! I’d be really grateful for some responses,
especially (but not only) from Australia.

1. * * *Where do you live (town, state)?
2. * * *About how many quilts do you make per year?
3. * * *Do you use a professional machine quilter?
4. * * *What are the 3 (or more) handiest features of their service?

Thank you very, very much.
I’ll let you know the results- Hide quoted text -

1. Rossville GA
2. 4 to 6 -- usually only one queen size; others smaller--from table
runners to 'lap quilt' sizes
3. Yes
Old March 10th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rusty rusty is offline
Junior Member

...scuse me; here's the last one

4. I don't have to worry with the bulk; gives me time to start more
UFOs; I'm from the school of "If the top's done, it's a quilt."

rusty
Old March 10th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

abbey in australia wrote:
Hi everyone.
I’m doing a small-business course, and I need to do this survey
amongst a group of people of my choice. Because most of this stuff is
new to me, and I’m really quite nervous, I’ve chosen quilt-makers - to
stay in my comfort-zone!!! I’d be really grateful for some responses,
especially (but not only) from Australia.

1. Where do you live (town, state)?

Sittingbourne, Kent, UK

2. About how many quilts do you make per year?

1-2 complete... But nothing completed for a while now.

3. Do you use a professional machine quilter?

No.

4. What are the 3 (or more) handiest features of their service?

I'm a professional dressmaker. Quilting things myself is relaxing!

Thank you very, very much.
I’ll let you know the results

Been busy... Hope you still get this!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 10th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

1. West Plains, Missouri, USA
2. Ten or more- vast array of sizes
3. I have in the past
4. Ease- my arthritis makes doing my own quilting difficult; convenience- I
don't have to ruin my back and fingers doing all that pin basting; speed-
they can finish in hours what would take me weeks working at my pace;
preserving my sanity- trying to come up with a quilting pattern, getting my
tensions balanced, I don't have to worry about how much thread to order, and
by the time I finish a quilt top I'm usually tired of looking at it so
getting it back from the quilter is a delightful surprise.

That said, I live on a modest, fixed income and I just can't afford
professional quilting services. Those quilters are worth every penny they
charge, but it's still beyond me.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 11th 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
heidi (was rabbit2b)

1. Carmel, Indiana
2. Varies, 0 - 8 lap-size (nope no more 0s!)
3. No, I have simpler tastes and want to be able to do it myself.
Also, instant gratification.
4. Can only imagine g

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b
Old March 11th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

1. Chicago, Illinois, USA
2. Two large bedsize, 20 crib or throw size and 10 miniatures
3. Larger quilts and most throws sent to long arm quilter
4. I love to piece but don't like to quilt. Long arm quilters do a
wonderful job. I can send a top out to be quilted and start a new one
right away rather than spending time quilting.
Old March 11th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L in MA

abbey in australia wrote:
Hi everyone.
I’m doing a small-business course, and I need to do this survey
amongst a group of people of my choice. Because most of this stuff is
new to me, and I’m really quite nervous, I’ve chosen quilt-makers - to
stay in my comfort-zone!!! I’d be really grateful for some responses,
especially (but not only) from Australia.

1. Where do you live (town, state)?

Littleton, Massachusetts - USA
2. About how many quilts do you make per year?

Four or five
3. Do you use a professional machine quilter?

No, I am fortunate enough to own my own longarm
4. What are the 3 (or more) handiest features of their service?

N/A

Thank you very, very much.
I’ll let you know the results

--
Rita L. in MA - One eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old March 14th 09, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heather in WestOz

Hi Maureen,
1. Perth, Western Australia
2. 2-3 large
3. No, but have thought about it
4. Patterns that I can't do (yet). They have the time I don't have right
now. I can get on with the next project while the quilt is being quilted.
Hope this helps and isn't too late

Heather in West Oz

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote in message
lobal.net...
[...]

Binding Survey Pat in Virginia Quilting 0 January 31st 07 12:26 PM
OT-new survey Sharon Gates Quilting 21 February 9th 06 06:38 PM
Survey and OT ~Candace~ Beads 34 September 23rd 04 07:53 PM
survey ILENE McCOY Sewing 8 December 3rd 03 02:17 PM
Have you done a Fabric survey? CPI \(Aprshowers @ work\) Quilting 24 November 8th 03 04:13 AM